SCI question

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by TreePhiend, May 11, 2005.

1. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

Does anyone know where to find those hula hoop stickers that fit on top of X-walk signs? Sorry this has nothing to do with festivals, but I figure you people would know better than the music forum people.

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Gypsy Rose and SCI gear online, lots of headshops, too
    Also they WERE in copies of Outside Inside.
    Mine came from a trade back in....uh.... 1998?
    side note, I donated my dying honda to Step 13 (a drunks into real living situations place) and right befor it went, I HAD to salvage one sticker (my hoopercrossing stayed on) the 1998 colorado license plate sticker that says Cheese and 4 20 for the expiration.

3. Love113

Love113 Member

In my town almost all the walking signs have a hula hoop looking thing on them, It amuses me.

4. drumminmama

SCI was approached by the city of Boulder to help pay for removal of those damn hoops.

5. Love113

Love113 Member

The signs in my area are made that way, thats how the city makes em.

6. drumminmama

I doubt that. The management company sold these hoops with the motion lines that you slap on the ped xing.

7. Love113

Love113 Member

no, im bein serious, next time i go out to the road ill snap a pic, all the ped x signs here have hoops. There not the slappys, there supposed to be for like proximity around the pedestrian or whatever.

8. drumminmama

uhh... I remember the DAY the hoops (not hooper xing) came out, and the way they were being pushed. Remember, lunch with SCI's accountant (and Kang's roomie during the making of Outside Inside) is a semi regular thing for me. In Boulder, the hoops are clear stickers the size of a full size car bumper sticker have a black oval with two motion lines.
    I remember my first trek to the Mishawaka Amphitheatre outside Ft Collins: we thought we were lost until we saw a defaced cattle xing sign, lovingly remembered as Hoopin' Bessie. IT was those sort of sharpie graffittis (as sharpie will come off the signs with a quick scrub) that led to the "unofficial" hoops.

dm
    who was taught to hoop by Ariana Nershi, then aged 7 (i'm thinking she's is 14, but maybe 13 now)

9. Love113

Love113 Member

Look, Im not talking about the SCI hoops, not the hooper xing or anything like that. I am talking about the regular ped. x signs in my area that have hoops around them. I don't care who your having lunch with regularly, this is a stupid conversation anyways, I was just trying to inform the good people that the ped. x signs around me all have hoops. I lived in Wheat ridge, and in boulder, co for many years and i have seen the hooper x signs. Just simply trying to make an interesting point, no argument needed. Peace and keep the good vibes.

10. drumminmama

ohh.. do you mean the marks that look like this: (( )) ?
    do post a pic..i'm really curious. I'd also be curious what the ped rights are in Richmond.
    Theoretically, we have right of way here. Doesn't happen, but that's the law.
    Still prefer the sharpie days. When the hoops get peeled off the sticky remains with dirt.
    Sorry you had to live in Wheat Ridge. ;P