Run Your Damn Clocks Forward Tonight

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by tumbling.dice, Mar 10, 2018.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Why do we keep doing this? Time is just time, you can't create more of it by messing with the clock. I'm already dreading Monday, an hour sleep deprived.

2. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i agree. We are long overdue in needing to stop this shit.

3. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

who uses a clock anymore?

4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

It was originally introduced to extend daylight hours into the evening, rather than the sun rising at 4.30 AM in summer when we are all still asleep.
    Back in the 1970s it was changed and we remained one hour ahead of GMT. The title of BST (British summer time) was changed to British standard time.
    After a few years we reverted, following a number of accidents caused by children having to travel to school in the dark in December.
    Although it can be confusing to visitors, I enjoy the longer light evenings. If it was changed again, I would prefer BST to GMT.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

Im from Arizona ..

[​IMG]

Irminsul likes this.
  6. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I love this--the long days do wonders for my mood and productivity.

scratcho and Eric! like this.
  7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

they always use the schools as an excuse for switching back to standard time for a few months over the winter. did they ever consider just having school take place during the day instead of making the poor kids get up in the middle of the night to be at school at the asscrack of dawn?

8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

That would have been far too sensible for the UK government to understand. I am sure that the unions would have demanded double pay for the teachers when it changed and then even more money when it changed back. LOL
    I have no real problem with the way that things are now. Theaters work all hours and our daughter has to change shifts every few days, tonight starting at 10pm, so changing by 1 hour twice a year is no big deal to me.

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

my clocks always run forward

10. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Sigh

Thanks for the reminder

:/

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Daylight savings. :D

Only humans could be stupid to believe that they'll get more sunlight out of moving a clock forward or behind. :p

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  12. morrow

morrow Visitor

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm looking forward to it this year because I dont sleep enough anyways, I wont notice the lost hour. And I could use the extra hour of daylight because I'm starting a garden and wouldn't have time after work otherwise to work on it. Plus, after work beer outside on the patio. Woohoo its that time again

In general I do think the loss of an hour is a pain in the ass and hard to get used to, I would rather keep the time one way or another rather than switching back and forth every fall and spring

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You only lose that hour for one day, while you're sleeping. To me it makes most sense to have your daylight savings in winter, not summer. Why would you want an extra hour of sun in summer? So you can run your AC unit all evening. SMH. In winter when it's dark at 4pm that's when you want sun, not in summer so it's still hot and light at 10pm

15. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Ancient Native American saying about daylight savings... "Only white man would cut the bottom off a blanket, sew it to the top and think he is making a longer blanket"

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

falling back isn't so bad, can't we just turn our clocks back an hour twice per year?

17. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I don't have anywhere to be till Tuesday morning so fuck all that voodoo clock shit....till then.

18. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

So let's have long days year round!

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm tired. It was dark when I woke up this morning Not cool, DST. Not cool

20. deleted

deleted Visitor