Roman Catholics And Homosexuality?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by ProudAtheist32490, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

That is true. But the idea that an average person is willingly going to be celibate their entire life is wishful thinking.

Plus, confession makes it fun. "Whoops. I was gay last night, Father. How many Hail Marys?"

2. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

I was raised Catholic(watered once a week with Holy water, unless my feet were still wet). I knew that the church had rules against people of the same sex having sex, but I never heard it discussed in church or Sunday school. Maybe it was discussed while I was skipping class. The funny thing is, I heard from my non-catlicker friends that homosexual congress was against catholic rules - it was never mentioned at home(that I remember).

Lol, an Abrahamic religion causing pain and suffering for untold millions - who could've imagined it???

1 person likes this.
  3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I never agreed with confession, so silly. The priest is just a middleman--if you have a real relationship with God, why not talk to Him directly? I remember kneeling in those little pews as a kid, mindlessly repeating those prayers. They meant absolutely nothing to me, I didn't even know what the words meant. What good is that?

4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

^you said it yourself, you were a kid

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

God never wanted a mass anyway, the idea of church is hypocrisy. It's in the old testament I think, I can't remember the exact words but he says himself he'd rather be worshipped by the individual not a mass congregation. No different than how the influencing pagan gods wanted it.

I have been to church hundreds of times, not recently for a few years I can remember.. But as a kid yes every Sunday. I never once got the feeing that the more followers in the room the more energy flow which is off because there's counter religions that have this effect, and heathen origins too.

So really when I think back on this, church seems like a place that was made for lazy people, and ateast they knew they only had to go to the same place for an hour a week. Lol.

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Boston was ground zero for the priest pedophile scandal but St Vincent Parish in Canada highlighted in this powerful movie
    was notorious for the molestation of young boys which went on for over a decade

[​IMG]

Hotwater

7. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

It's just as non-sensical to rational adults.

8. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

9. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

My theory is that some men who go into the Catholic church are already paedophiles. They know they are paedophiles but don't want to be paedophiles. So they go into the church to repent, receive absolution and get cured. Unfortunately this does not always work and abuse takes place. I am not saying this is always true but in some cases yes. The World is a better place where absolutely no child abuse takes place. It's a serious problem.

2 people like this.
  10. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

If you say so.

11. expanse

"He" definitely wanted mass... mass killings, haha!

12. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

It's not nonsensical if you misinterpret the Bible passage (like the RCC does) where Jesus gives his disciples the authority to forgive sins (basically this is where the RCC gets the ''sacrament'' of confession from) The RCC isn't a Bible following church, it claims it is, but it isn't. It creates its own rules, and then twists Scripture to back it up. So, if you were indoctrinated into believing that the Church is the final voice for Christianity, then you'd think confession made sense.

1 person likes this.
  13. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I read Deidre's post and now all of a sudden I see the light.

Enlightened.

14. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

lol Better late than never.

1 person likes this.
  15. expanse

I had to do a little research before making this post...

The Catholic Church is about taking power away from individuals, Paganism seems to encourage personal power. And it seems that most Pagans never condemned a person because of sexual preference. I found an interesting article by someone who apparently did a lot more research -

http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/gayvik.shtml

But yeah, the rcc needs to make up enemies to gather people together, rather than have leaders that set an example of personal strength(spiritual, intellectual, or otherwise).

1 person likes this.
  16. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Wow. Someone went to Catholic school.

But I'm not sure I agree with the twisting Scripture to back it up.

17. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

lol I didn't go to Catholic school, but my parents are Catholic. [​IMG]