Richard Spencer

Discussion in 'People' started by Reverand JC, Jan 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

I agree, SOMEONE is trying doggedly to create strife between the parties. Naturally the fringes are prime suspects, but their victims and focus have to be considered as well. While I have seen nothing so far to absolutely confirm that a string puller like Soros is involved, it's pretty clear that these disruptors are organized and have the resources to chase a guy like Milo all over the country. Of course it's hard to tell for certain who are lighting the fires and swinging the bats, the targets of their ire are pretty easy to sort out. I remember when wearing a mask was illegal. Sure, it was originally enacted to keep the KKK from wearing masks, so that everyone would know who they were. But I fail to see how the balaclavas and Guy Fawkes coverings are any better. If democrats and other assorted leftists don't want to be associated with the destruction and violence, it's time to speak up.

2. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

I don't recall being specifically "against" this sort of thing. I don't necessarily agree with using it wholesale, but sometimes the shoe happens to fit. In the last year I have not seen anyone burning anything to "support" a right-leaning cause. If that was to happen, I'd expect to see different targets, though the Berkeley target was a building named for MLK, so maybe it was alt-right thugs doing all of that while chanting Fuck Trump and declaring "war" (on what exactly I don't know). You're wasting your time trying to shame me on these things, I don't have a fixed belief system. I go with the facts I can find until they are proven wrong, then I retool. If that seems unreasonable, consider how I might be if I was fully invested to either side. After all, I was a Bernie supporter, until it became meaningless.

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Oh i'm not shaming you, i have just seen you reiterate repeatedly that people on the left focus on white nationalistm too often, that they have no real power anymore, that people like Richard Spencer arent representative of the right.

And then go on to say that these anarchists or whoever the hell they are represent the left.

I was just pointing out a discrepancy in your thought process, its nothing personal

1 person likes this.
  4. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

I don't see it as a discrepancy, unless you consider "white nationalism" to be a product of the right. I personally see it as a misguided dream, as if they want reservations. But I don't see that lot pulling for either side. When I read their various screeds, all I see is how the government has failed them. Sure, lots of them seem to have supported Trump, but how many do you figure voted or were even able to vote? No, I don't see them as a threat and they're barely newsworthy. Just a bunch of sad people watching their image of the world vanish. Most of them are too stupid to realize it vanished decades ago.

I say let them wave their flags and wear their silly costumes without counter protests. Let them know they are irrelevant by refusing to engage.

And "pointing out a discrepancy" in my thought process, is a personal opinion. You don't know enough to make an assessment of any weight.

5. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I'd say we need some arrests of the people responsible for the violence. The masked men need to be unmasked. Then we'll know who they are.

6. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I concur. Several Berkeley professors will likely get fired.

On Monday, Breitbart News reported that Ian Dabney Miller, an employee of the university, was involved in the riots, uploading pictures on Twitter boasting of his involvement.
    http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2017/02/07/fbi-investigating-violent-uc-berkeley-rioters/

7. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Glad they exposed him. Hope he doesn't get away. What else do we know about him, besides the fact he was a Berkeley staffer (not faculty)? Looks like he started out as some kind of techie and ended up a writer/editor. Of what? I think the police response seems to have been strangely low-key. Of course, it was campus police, and Chief Margo Bennett said she was afraid a stronger response with limited resources would have escalated the situation.

8. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I've seen a photo of the dude. Looks kinda old for this sort of thing--mid-forties, if he's a day! Lots of tats, suggesting preoccupation with toughness, but they don't seem to fit the rest of his preppy countenance. His name also has an elitist ring to it. He has arrogance written all over his face. Anyone who beats up people, posts photos of it, and brags about it is both incredibly stupid and arrogant. Proud of his violence--suggesting to me insecurity about his masculinity and/or status. Curious. Have assault charges been filed?

9. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Assuming this article is correct, it answers my question: son of a "famous writer", Victor Miller, best known for introducing one of America's longest running horror flick series Friday the Thirteenth and the beloved character Jason. Ian should have been wearing a hockey mask, but that would have given it away. And I was right--49 years old. His dad has the same kinds of tattoos. http://www.deeconmedia.com/263-2/

10. 6-eyed shaman

Here's a letter to Milo from one of the Berkley rioters before incident. It's written by an angry tranny stereotype who wanted to strip Milo of his gay card http://www.dailycal.org/2017/01/17/open-letter-milo-yiannopoulos/

And here is another incident of riots and a forced shutdown of a speech by another funny man from the right; Gavin Mcinnes at NYU
    http://reason.com/blog/2017/02/03/nyu-prof-screams-at-the-nypd-because-the
    http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/31091/

As you can see, I have a very hard time believing any of these free speech destroying useful idiots were products of the Milo propaganda machine.

2 people like this.
  11. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Authoritarianism and violence from any quarter need to be opposed and called out. Nothing useful about these idiots, of whatever direction. But what do you think should be done about it? Milo purports to be a great champion of free speech, so he should welcome the open letter from the "tranny", shouldn't he? A civilian spraying a non-aggressor with mace is committing criminal assault and battery where I come from, and should be dealt with accordingly. The victim also has civil remedies for the torts of assault and battery against the perpetrator. Lock'm up! And sue the bastards! In my opinion, these violent protestors are irrational and self-defeating. The direction of their ideology is immaterial. But how would you, or Milo, or Trump solve the problem, which BTW is not a problem at most universities. We can point out that universities should be bastions for the free exchange of ideas. Like most institution, some of them have lost their way--placing emphasis on buildings, sports, and coddling student ideologues. It should be relatively easy to distinguish between free speech, which is constitutionally protected, and violent acts, which are not. What is lacking is the will to do it. Milo thrives on this. My advice to those who want to oppose him effectively is to ignore him.

12. 6-eyed shaman

They are plenty useful to the authoritarian left. They are using these brutes to intimidate and harass others who have the wrong opinion. I'm sure Milo and Gavin got plenty of hate mail from plenty of SJWs and gender benders, that letter was voluntarily published by the writer. Even Shia LeBoof got his "He will not divde us" art piece taken down because he kept assaulting trolls who showed up there.

And yes, I agree with you. Universities should be bastions for the free exchange of ideas. Libertarian speakers are there to promote it by bringing forth an opinion that would get most professors fired.

13. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

The violent protesters usually come into Berkeley and Oakland on a train. It says BART on the side. During the Black Lives Matter protests last summer a couple of BLM supporters walked up to someone trying to incite violence and tackled him before he dropped a window. In the skirmish the broke his nose and gave him a concussion. It later turned out that he was an undercover cop for Oakland PD. DOH!

A lot of them who do show up that drop windows, loot, etc. aren't there to protest or have any type of political views that they are trying to address. They are usually there for a free pair of Air Jordans that they will get when they drop the window on Foot Locker.

As far as what would happen if a bunch of alt right, white supremacist, whatever you want to happen showed up at the protests for a counter demonstration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oxh5-hq6mc

C/S,
    Rev J

14. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Seems like all we get these days is vintage examples of the deeds of radical white groups. The only modern examples seem to show them wearing silly costumes and being assaulted by counter protesters. But to hear it from the media we're in the middle of a KKK surge and any minute now they'll fill the streets and form lynch mobs. The reality is entirely different. There are only a few disconnected groups of losers who call themselves KKK, I don't hear Neo-Nazi outside of the press and I don't know if Skinheads exist outside of prison walls. I'm just not seeing the big alt-right army. Not that I want to, but it almost seems as if the media is making this shit up just to "shame" white people for things they didn't even do. So much for unity.

15. Reverand JC

OK then there is this story that is a little more recent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a6boxHoPQI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKHBNg8DG80&spfreload=10&bpctr=1486865587

C/S,
    Rev J

16. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

I don't know anything about Richard Spencer, but he seems to be quite lonely ... and I don't think that running up to him and sucker punching him in the face will knock any sense into him, then the guy runs away?? Seems it will just solidify his way of thinking, escalate it even. Perhaps this act will cause him to lash out at someone in return now?

One might even argue that the one who hit him is racist too, for attacking a white guy who loves his ethnicity.

It takes two to be racist.

As Martin Luther King Jr. once said: "Violence begets violence; hate begets hate; and toughness begets a greater toughness. It is all a descending spiral, and the end is destruction — for everybody. Along the way of life, someone must have enough sense and morality to cut off the chain of hate."

17. Reverand JC

First off if you're going to smack a motherfucker on international TV (that was an Australian broadcast) you don't stick the fuck around. It wasn't done because this douche "Loves his ethnicity." It is because he is essentially a gutless Nazi. The fact is that he has called for all people not of European descent to voluntarily leave the United States. Essentially in my eyes this was an assassination of the fascade this douche puts on. The dude talks big shit but only takes one punch to get dropped like a bitch. It's kind of like watching the school bully get dropped.

Also did you notice that the guy who punched him is white?

C/S,
    Rev J

18. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

I did not pay attention to the race of the person, just that he hates what one person represents and there are plenty of fair skinned people who identify themselves as black, could have been soanish, Muslim, Maybe the person was Jewish. Irrelevant really. He didn't get dropped though. I don't like Richard spencer based on what you tell me he is about... but I don't condone voilence either in any form. Fair to say the guy was far left? Who knows, the one who assaulted him could be right too. Who really knows? He was suckered punched, he did not drop. was he suppose to run off and try to chase the guy down? Beat him in return? What would you have him do?

19. Reverand JC

I noticed it about the 6th time I watched the video because at the end before the dudes hood gets pulled back and he looks like Opie from "Sons of Anarchy". Now I'm about 95% pacifist. But I have to admit and acknowledge that I found that mildly entertaining. Denying that would be denying a part of my own nature or trying to surpress it. which to me is unhealthy. I do also support defending yourself. He did have a chance to tackle the guy as he left.

The thing is that any sympathy and support he would gain would only be from people who already agreed with him. He should also realized that his inflamitory rhetoric would have repercussions.

Let's look at a couple of moments shall we:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6-bi3jlxk

Then there was this little tweet:

Remember the #blmkidnapping every time some journalist lies about my white advocacy organization and calls it a hate group.
    11:24 PM - 4 Jan 2017

SMH.

C/S,
    Rev J

20. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Yeah, the guy is an idiot... I don't think he has much of a following. The video where he got punched.. I was amazed at how well he took it the hit.

With the way the media is today, they might have even paid someone to do it... to make interesting news, cause let's face it, most people do not give time on the news to people like this on the news. Something has to happen to make it worth while, sell.

But if you are going to approve of this voilence then you can expect, approve of the same kind of violence and call it justified if a person decides to punch someone like yusra rughali in the face, will you enjoy that too? or anyone who is concidered alt radical left or right??

Or say a group marching chanting and calling for dead cops. Is it ok to go up and punch these people in the face? Cause I am sure people want to.

By your way of thinking this is justified, and not just your, many peoples.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.