Rescued animals

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by SillyChatty, Feb 28, 2018.

1. SillyChatty

SillyChatty Members

I watched Hallmark's Best in Rescue Show. It was great seeing all of those rescued dogs that were up for adoption or having been adopted as well as having rescues compete for the different categories. It's a great thing Hallmark and others do for rescue pets.

They mentioned one of the senior rescued dogs that was abandoned because of their age in favor of the owner getting a puppy. That really is upsetting to think someone could throw any pet out because they are old as well as all the other reasons people abandon animals.

My fur baby is 12 years old. Had her since she was 3 months old. I could never imagine as long as I am able to care for her that I would not have her until the last day she lives. Same with all of my other fur babies. How could someone ever had loved their pet and then just abandoned them? I don't think they ever loved them to start with!

creampie00 and GLENGLEN like this.
  2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i've never understood pet abandonment either. for one thing, there's other options besides roadside drop off if you have to get rid of a pet. and like you said, once someone has lived and bonded with a pet for years, i can't imagine just suddenly throwing them away like that. do these same people drop grandma off on the side of the road when she starts losing bladder control?

3. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Probably.

4. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

Our beagle was 5 years old when we rescued her. She is 9 now and the most lovable pet we have ever had. She is a treasure! Our previous dog was a lab mix that was abandoned as a puppy, and she was our family member for 15 years.

5. Astray

Astray Visitor

[​IMG]

GLENGLEN likes this.