Republicans: Are you feeling betrayed yet?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by skip, Apr 11, 2018.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Today we learned Speaker of the House, Paul Ryan is "retiring", no doubt due to his betrayal of his base. Instead of being the fiscal conservative he pretended to be, he rammed thru a tax bill which hands $1.3 Trillion to the richest people in the country, without even having a way to pay for it!

Instead he is still pushing for reductions in Social Security and Medicare, which even his base isn't keen on.

So when will you Republicans read the writing on the wall or in your paychecks?
    You've fallen again for the NEOCON con!

Make the Rich people even Greater should be the motto on those RED HATS.
    The repugnants are afraid to even show up at those "town meetings" which are becoming rare...

Trump & the Repugnants are reforming the US into a Russian Style oligarchy, complete with corruption on a massive scale, propaganda wars, threats against fellow citizens and foreign countries, nationalism, racism, stoking the flames of wars around the planet, fixing elections, crooked lawyers, spies, conspiracies, political leaders requiring oaths of fidelity to them rather than country.

And of course no Russian Oligarchy would be complete without sex scandals, secret surveillance, foreign assets, clandestine meetings in remote places, secret back channels, etc.

I can remember when Russia was our mortal enemy, not our President's favorite country and leader.

Of course at the moment Trump is pretending to be angry at Russia (much less so Putin for many reasons). He's threatening to attack Syria, and likely Russian defenses there.

It seems like we'll soon be a button push away from all out war with Russia, something unthinkable just a few years ago. Now it almost looks inevitable.

Is this just another Trump Bluff?
    Will Putin blink, or raise the stakes further?
    Will the Republicans even give a shit that Trump is on the verge of a complete breakdown and likely to do anything with no one to restrain him?

You've been betrayed by the very leaders you put your faith in.
    Now it's time to reap what you've sown.

MeAgain, BeatinFeet69, Eric! and 3 others like this.
  2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

A hard road to take trying to convince regular repubs of anything against their cult leader. Isn't there something in christianity about an anti-christ?

Okiefreak likes this.
  3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

In year to come, films will be made about this period in American history.

They will rank among the greatest comedies of all times.

Eric! and Okiefreak like this.
  4. mcme

mcme lurker

My money has made more money than me the past year, I'm ok with what's going on. Why would someone war with their best buddy? Don't quite get that. A lot of posturing going on, but no more or less than the past 8 years. As to corruption, well they're politicians, so yeah.

5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

No, because I saw through this administration on day one.

6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

So as long as you're doing okay materially, who cares if the country is in the hands of a narcissistic,corrupt, incompetent, pussy grabbing, divisive, big spending grifter with the nuclear codes? I'm glad you're doing well, but if you own stock you may have noticed some choppy waters lately, and who knows where the trade wars talk will end.There are degrees if corruption, and Trump is toward the Grant end of the spectrum. His Administration is the swamp. Ger back to us in a couple of years and tell us what you think then.

MeAgain, skip and Balbus like this.
  7. deleted

deleted Visitor

Oh great wise one out there on the prairie, please do enlighten us ...

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Ayn Rand Republicans like Paul Ryan are gross, and they seem to be surrendering to the Trump Republicans..surrendering might not be the right word but they seem to be getting out of the way before the inevitable implosion at any rate
    And Trump Republicans are even grosser than the Ayn Rand groupies

The Republican party is dying

To be fair the Democrats will likely suffer the same fate if they dont get the centrist neolibs out of office and move a little to the left, to the left

Maybe something decent will come from the ashes of the dying parties. Probably just wishful thinking on my part though

skip and Eric! like this.
  9. Kerri

Kerri Members

Trump voters are not the least bit betrayed. His primary promise was bigotry and he’s delivered on that.

Flagme15 and Eric! like this.
  10. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

It often seems to me that right wing supporters go with their gut rather than their heads. They can be shown the shit, and it can be explained what might happen when the shit is thrown but they don’t want to believe anything could be wrong right up till the shit actually hits the fan.

I remember the supporters of Bush jr and his mainly neo-con lead administration the opponents (mostly from the left but some from the right) gave the warnings but the support only began to waned slowly it was only when the fuck ups became so obvious that the once very vocal followers became silent.

(And I the trouble is I think even then many continue to be supportive of right wing ideas they just stopped been vocal about it).

This means that Trumps supporters are going to continue to give him support until things are so bad that even they can’t deny things have gone to shit.

Is like the boiling frog story they will let things slid and the rising heat until they are at boiling point.

You have to wonder how these people can be so easily bamboozled, the right in America were the first to embrace the wealth sponsored neo-liberal/free market line, which many pointed out worked against the best interests of lower and middle class Americans but for some reason many of them voted for those that pushed the neo-liberal agenda.

At one time I thought it was because they just didn’t understand and if it was explained to someone that supported it they would realise the mistake they were making, but years here have taught me that that is not very often the case – I found that in many cases even when they couldn’t defend such ideas they still carried on supporting them – and I just can’t understand that, and when it happens I still find it shocking.

Yes I know that many were misdirected by ‘culture’ issues noted by Thomas Frank in What’s happened to Kansas but as he pointed out that was a con that these voters seem to constantly fall for.

And so they fell for Trump pushing all those ‘hot buttons’ on another level of the shell game and these people fell for the con again you have to wonder what did they think they were doing, and as I said I don’t see them ‘thinking’ but ‘reacting’ it’s like religion it’s a ‘belief system’ I fear something would have to go really really bad for them to turn away from their faith.

MeAgain likes this.
  11. mcme

mcme lurker

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Please remind me about the time in history when nations weren't on the verge of something. Yet here we are, on the precipice of the latest doom. I don't think any particular figure head makes to much of a difference, I'm just glad Hillary didn't win.

12. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness

Seem to translate here as - my life, my liberty and my happiness and who gives a fuck about anyone else.

Wow how incredibly selfish this reply comes across, I’m all right jack so nothing and nobody else matters – is this the attitude of many on the right?

13. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Republican Cannibals

Republicans might as well be the Three Stooges,
    And pointing out the error of their ways is pointless,
    For you might as well attempt to scold a pig at dinner time,
    Or, scold chickens for pecking all the harder when frustrated.
    Fuck em if they can't take a joke, and joke em if they can't give a fuck,
    But, attempting to reason with mindless animals is entirely counterproductive,
    Especially when they can't even stand one another calling each other commies!
    All that liberals have ever had to do is encourage them to fight all that much harder,
    For the Stooges will all inevitably turn upon, whoever happens to be closest to them.
    Only after the republican party eats itself alive, tearing itself apart down to its hollow core,
    Can there be hope that whoever is left standing might actually start to listen to themselves.
    Conservatives have long since forgotten how to laugh, much less, bow out gracefully.​

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  14. mcme

mcme lurker

My sense of empathy is fully intact. Sorry I don't seem to get to crazy about things I can't change. I work hard to change things I can.

15. wooleeheron

Its not about empathy,
    Its not about compassion,
    Its not about spending money,
    Its about actually listening and cooperating.
    United we stand, and divided we will all fall,
    Slavery was not the cause of the civil war,
    It was the south being incapable of cooperating,
    Incapable of ever listening and compromising.
    Rant and rave like a lunatic, demand the impossible,
    And you leave the rest of the country no choice whatsoever.
    We can and will encourage you to fight amongst yourselves,
    And watch your children abandon your own churches,
    And watch you demonstrate in no uncertain terms,
    Just how much you hate yourselves and your country.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    skip likes this.
  16. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't doubt for one second that Putin would turn up the heat. He's not gaining what he wanted from Trump being in office, and has nothing to lose by acting a complete fool now. Russians could care less about our bark, because they no we won't bite, at least not very hard. Paul Ryan wants to get out of the seat to reap the benefits while he can, and his excuse for wanting to leave because he misses spending time with his kids, is all crap. (He gets to go home every night compared to service members that are deployed away from their families for 12 months at a time).
    Just like John Boehner who was strongly against legalizing the use of marijuana, has changed his position on marijuana and now supports and works for the largest therapeutic marijuana production company in the US. It's the money. Thats all they know, that's all they focus on, and that's all they care about. Sickening.....

Meliai likes this.
  17. Eric!

Yeah, alot of folks were trying to say Barrak Obama was the anti-Christ. NOW look at this shit.....

18. wooleeheron

A Christian without an Anti-Christ,
    Is a loser according to the Duck,
    The one thing no Christian can stand!
    Is to be the victim of someone else,
    When incest is best amongst the Hatfields and McCoys.​

19. Eric!

Hey man, don't take this personal, but I really have a hard time following what you're saying. No attack against you, just, I don't get what you're writing.

20. wooleeheron

The Tea Party claims to be secular,
    But is almost entirely composed,
    Of white male supremacists who are fundamentalists.
    Who call each other commies and threaten the entire country,
    Waving guns in the air and wrapping themselves in the flag,
    While insisting we are not a democracy, but a republic.
    Fuck em, encourage them to fight amongst themselves,
    The idea you can reason with conservatives is a joke.
    If twenty percent of the population insists we are not a democracy,
    Then they are absolutely correct, and its time for civil war.
    Either they learn how to cooperate, or its fucking war,
    While the Duck was elected against even the wishes of the party leaders.​

Eric! likes this.