Remote Recording Projects...

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by briezie13, Mar 9, 2015.

1. notrick

notrick Members

wav. and apple Audio work--wav. is preferd

2. notrick

notrick Members

Yeah tyson I got an old sony D5, and a an 8 track reel to reel and Boss Looppstation 30--not quite the 300 but it has 2 inputs, one for bass, and an XLR mic with 48v. You can record 100 hours and infinite dubbing [well until you reach 100 hours anyway. And it will interface with albums recorded in the 30s if thats what you want to dub.

Thats not What we'er trying to do--but its a great way to learn. We want people a little beyond that level even though I use the loop station everyday to practice key transposition, And just running major and minor scales but mostly recording 4 bar blues or 12 bar then doing improve(sp), Or going thru the old books like Guitar Grimoire--Chord construction, or Improve and progressions. I been going over as many scales as I can since my left hand heeled and I began learning guitar/bass again a little over a decade ago.

We'er trying to do something different...maybe it will work, maybe not--- but everyone is bound to learn something.

Someone told me you were pretty good?

3. notrick

notrick Members

Thats how British British blues, and American bands like the Dead, Airplane, Quick silver, and the master of using feedback as a musical style got started. While Marshall and Tweed were doing everything they could to prevent feedback and over drive and pre gain/post gain The kids were doing everything they could to overdrive, use feed back, and pre/post gain. Somehow rock and roll became more than Elvis,

I always record with efx. dynamics and EQ--reverb is a must for vocals--but during mixdown with everything eles going on sometimes I change my mind. Music isn't all about guitar. Some bands have 2 people playing split level piano/synth and drum pads while singing and running guitars or bass through the synth analog side.

Have you tried recording your amp in a stair well, or using a bass cabinet/amp and an old metal bed frame with aluminum or copper and different springs then setting the Bass cab xm from bed frame, and mics xm from the springs, or in another room--EQ can be a bitch but it can also do things you never imagined. {Guitar player mag. had an article with all sorts of things that led to delay, Reverb, etc and the people reproducing it.}