Remember these?

Discussion in 'Show Your Piece' started by Yymmy, May 15, 2020.

1. Yymmy

Yymmy Newbie

Digging for buried treasure, stumbled upon an ammo box with some of my old pieces. Remember this fellow? It's been a lifetime ago, but I remember being incarcerated for trespass (spelunking nude) with this around my neck. Somehow my only possession didn't get confiscated or inventoried, and still packed full of green grass! Was too chicken shit to try at it again, ha. I called it a whistletoke. Anybody remember what they were really called?[​IMG]

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

for some reason the image doesn't show for me, although i'm able to view it by right clicking on the blank box in your post.

anyway, no, i've never seen one of those before. how does that even work? looks like the bowl is a quarter inch from your mouth; i don't see how you could smoke that and not burn off all your nose hair along with any mustache hair you may have.

3. Dax

Dax Members

Anyone remember Furbies from the 90s?

60815d7252053e3bd5ba810a8c5345ed.jpg

Beach Ball Lady Balls likes this.
  4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ i remember the media telling us that they were crazy popular and that everybody had to have one. never actually saw one in real life though.

Orison likes this.
  5. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I had a furby. I took it to school.
    It started talking and wouldn't shut up and we had to hurriedly take the batteries out before it got confiscated.

GLENGLEN likes this.
  6. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Anyone remember the 'Airfix' kits ???

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

My Bismark ship went floating down the Ohio river. It was collecting dust, broken a few pieces so I decided to give it a float. I watched it for about a mile, losing sight of it. It would of got hung up by the damns eventually.

8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Back in my school days (early teens) I started building time bombs, experimenting with various methods of electrical and chemical detonation and every week or so, we took them to the local common for testing.
    The really funny part was when our local policeman found out. He stopped me one day and asked me for the time and date of the next tests. It did not seem at all strange at the time, having him watching, helping and giving me some advice. He spent ages telling me about his wartime experiences as a bomb disposal engineer. On a few occasions a couple of his friends turned up on their pushbikes to join in the fun. I never worked out why he called me 'Sonny Jim'.

Imagine doing that today. They would probably lock me up and loose the key.
    Meanwhile, kids today have to enjoy harmless fun, like sticking knives in each other.

How the world has changed... In my mind not for the better.

Beach Ball Lady Balls likes this.