RAINBOW GATHERING type of deal for Alabamians

Discussion in 'U.S.A.' started by cheech & chong, Dec 8, 2007.

1. cheech & chong

cheech & chong Member

I was on a post for Alabama a second ago and someone said that they would like to get together with everyone one day. So after I read it, I thought it would be awesome to see if it would work. So what Im proposing here is that we all organize a gathering for all the hippies in Alabama. Somewhere in the woods or the wilderness. I mean if you read this, then you tell your friends, and they tell their and it cycles around everybody and BAM. Hippie Get-Together. We will all have to work to put this together, and we will also need a place to put it, so before I just hall off and start setting it up, I want to know who's up for it? Wouldnt it be great?

2. poor_old_dad

poor_old_dad Senior Member

It would probably be great. As it being "up for it", that would depend on the where & when.

My thoughts on the subject have been running along the line of something real simple. Rather than trying to get a bunch of folks into a wooded/wilderness setting, how about a couple saturday or sunday afternoon get togethers in a public park near I-65, somewhere near the middle of the state. We could see how many show up & get to know each other & take it from there.

I've been thinking about the Confederate Memorial Park in Marbury. It is a 102 ac park with wooded hiking trails and
    shelters for picnics. It's very close to I-65, but still "out of the way", Marbury is a very, very small town, and it's all located right in the middle of the state.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&n...-86475864,7944809323811074817&li=lmd&z=14&t=m

Other nominations ? ......

Peace,
    poor_old_dad

3. cheech & chong

cheech & chong Member

sounds good to me. Itd be great if there was a group instead of a few people that showed up.

4. memo

memo Member

I'm down. Lots of hippies here in Huntsville.

5. memo

memo Member

Come on all you Alabama hippies, I know you're out there!

6. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

Moundville makes me feel strange,it's as alien as a Martian city or a Venusian village.The people who lived there might as well have lived on the moon.

7. Sunnyriver

Sunnyriver Members

i would like a rainbow gathering in alabama i am in hamilton