Rachel Dolezal

Discussion in 'People' started by Piney, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Rachel Dolezal has lost her position as a leader of a NAACP branch.

The right wing should just stop smirking. If Rachel was doing a good job there she should have kept her position.

She seemed motivated & committed. I don't care for the controversy and hope she bounces back.

2. Dental_Floss

Dental_Floss Members

"She seemed motivated & committed. I don't care for the controversy and hope she bounces back".

so was Hitler, Stalin and Vlad the Impaler heck Trump seems pretty motivated and committed too....

are you a right winger? only a right winger would support a bitch like that. You lie to your employer you're going to be unemployed, bounce back from what? What's worse is after she was confronted she still claimed to be of African American blood, what a slap in the face to her father, her REAL father not the black man she made up.

3. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

She, Shaun King, and Elizabeth Warren are living proof that white privilege does not actually exist.

1 person likes this.
  4. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I don't support her. She's a liar and a manipulator.

1 person likes this.
  5. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Don't think its a Left/Right thing myself.

People who are diplomats ambassadors, missionaries and doctors without borders all cross out of their comfort zone to show empathy to others.
    They will identify with the people and causes they serve

They help to build understanding between diverse groups of peoples. Perhaps I view this in too rosy a light.

6. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Well, it surely wasn't the right wing who fired her now was it? Who could it possibly have been? And for what reason?

1 person likes this.
  7. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

Yeah, and most people generally frown on white people wearing blackface. I don't understand why anybody would defend her. She needs a psychiatrist.

8. conner0

conner0 Members

I am sorry to hear that. Hope everything is ok with her.

9. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

If you can pick your gender, why cant you pick your race?

10. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

That echoes a thought I've had for a while. Eventually (for the rich anyway) there will be injections or something to change the hue of one's skin. Then with a little plastic surgery around the eyes or lips one can be whatever race is desired. I look forward to all the ire this will create.

11. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

give it a couple dozen more generations and there may be far less differences as races interbreed, either that or everyone will be Chinese.

all this silliness over colors, aren't we all members of the human race?

3 people like this.
  12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

You obviously have been influenced at some point by racism or prejudice. I disagree with your statement! I think white privilege is a reality that exists every time a black person is pulled over for any reason. That's just one example! I'm sure I have more I'm just not fully awake yet.

Is Dolezal African American though? The NAACP is The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. If she's not even African American, I think it may be what we've come to know as cultural appropriation.

I'm currently studying sociology, so much of this is fresh in my mind. Especially white privilege. There's no question as to whether or not there are situations in which African Americans are disadvantaged.

Think job applications. Who do you think will get the interview? Jane Smith or Shanequa Torres? :)

13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Yeah I have, for being white. Sometimes by other white people who tell me I should feel guilty about crimes I never took part in.

Even if a black driver is driving double the speed limit in a school zone?

No of course not [​IMG] . It's systemic racism obviously. Nothing to do with the fact that he was breaking the law.

No, she's not. She has no african/black ancestry. She did it to cheat the system to acquire minority benefits. Just like Elizabeth Warren.

Oh jeez you're not a cultural cop and a social justice warrior too, are you? If cultural appropriation is wrong, then no culture outside of western white culture should be allowed to have electricity, as it was invented by whites.
    You poor thing. At least you're not in Gender Studies though.

What politicians have done to black communities is atrocious. Fatherless black homes are a huge contributor.

Depends on which one is more experienced and qualified based on the written experience.

With mandatory corporate diversity quotas, maybe Shanequa will get the interview. Especially if it's a job in government.

14. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

You are clearly playing the devil's advocate here.

With the job interview thing it's been proven that there is a white privilege conundrum. Even when ethnic last names have identical credentials, a white-sounding name on an application is more likely to be interviewed.

Here is a 2015 New York Times article about White Privilege. https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/24/opinion/research-shows-white-privilege-is-real.html?mcubz=1

Here is evidence supporting racial bias in hiring practices.

http://fortune.com/2014/11/04/hiring-racial-bias/

15. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

When I first heard of her, I was a little taken aback by what she did, pretending and even attempting to look like another race/ethnicity. I was like, how does that work? But, there is gender fluidity and sexual fluidity. So, why not racial/ethnic fluidity? But, she still lied. And she lied as a public figure, which is way worse. She should have just said that she was white, but identifies as black. She could have started a movement by simply being honest with herself and others. Because I'm sure she isn't the only one that believes and wants to be another race/ethnicity. And that should be accepted and permitted, because it's one's life and body. But, she didn't do that. She lied. And it's hard to come back from that.

16. morrow

morrow Visitor

It's surprising how people lie and come back from it, all about who is watching your back. You creep and cry to enough people, they forget and let you off with anything!

17. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

The issue there is that, according to behaviorists and psychiatrists and whatnot, gender is more than physical. It's a state of mind. There is a fundamental difference between male and female psychology. Race is purely physical. I don't think the world will ever accept "identifying as a different race."

18. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

What about Shaun "Talcum X" King?