Questions about Kratom

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by idahocowboy, Nov 12, 2018.

1. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

Hi, I need some help. I know nothing about this herb, what I've heard sounds almost too good to be true. Does it work as written about ?? How can I be sure about a place online selling it ? My girlfriend has serious chronic pain from some bladder issues. I want something for her other than what the V.A provides her. I've read some amazing benefits from this tree and if there's a chance it would do what it claims I would like to try it for her. Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone might be able to provide.

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

There are different types of Kratom, some are substantially better than others ime. I would recommend looking into the different types, it's been awhile since I've done it. I believe Bali and Maeng da Kratom are two of the main ones, there are a few others as well. Some types are more opioid-like and some are more stimulating, a rough analogy is like how Sativa and Indica Weed usually exhibit a different effects profile.

I'd recommend going with the more sedating ones, those are what I've found more impressive and it combines with weed really nicely and sounds like it'd go well to limit the chronic pain. I'd probably put it's analgesic properties about on the level of hydrocodone. There is no strain of Kratom I've done that I would recommend as a replacement for oxycontin or some of the more intense opioids.

Aerianne and idahocowboy like this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I take it for pain sometimes
    It is addictive, I wouldnt recommend she take it every day. Just when the pain is bad. And less is more with kratom.
    I take it when ibuprofen fails to do the job. It definitely works.

4. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Lynnbrown and idahocowboy like this.
  5. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

Thank you for responding, and I think I understand. I've tried several strains of cannabis for her all indica strains to no avail. You might be right, the combining of the two may offer a combined effect. Personally, give me a GOOD sativa any day...LOL But that's another story for another thread..lol

6. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

Aerianne likes this.
  7. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You're welcome.

8. Matias

Matias Members

I love Kratom! It's legal where I live. But let me warn you - it is addictive. It has a very mild opioidergic effect. It's not strong like real opioids are, but it has a similar binding profile and therefore effect, addiction, and feel.

idahocowboy likes this.
  9. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

Thanks, I am planning on trying some for her. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

10. Matias

Matias Members

No problem man. Kratom is great stuff. It has a wonderful mood boosting effect and is overall a really warm and pleasing feeling. It's lovely. Just take care to use it sparingly. It's my favorite plant .

idahocowboy likes this.
  11. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

my cousin bought some from a smoke shop in town he took it and had horrible nightmares he was sleep walking panic attacks I tired one pill and I also had terrible nightmares that I couldn’t shake I stick too cbd

12. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

They told us about a documentary on Netflix we watch it and got sucked in I thought hey I can get off my anxiety meds well that didn’t work I bought some cbd oil at the drugstore and I love it i cut down on my anxiety meds helps my stomach pain it’s great

idahocowboy likes this.
  13. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

Very good to know Jennifer, thanks.

Jennifer19 likes this.
  14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I wouldn't recommend getting it at headshops but if you do, based on all the doses I've seen, you need more than one pill.

15. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Well he took 2 pills in one day I thought he was nuts I only took one pill I had such nightmares I thought I would never be able too shake them but everyone is different just cause me and my cousin had a horrible experience with it doesn’t me you will I will stick too cbd but that’s just me never again will I take that

16. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I'm trying CBD for the first time, this is certainly no substitute for Kratom.

That sucks you had nightmares with it, I found some extracts, I think I actually might get some soonish.

17. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

Thanks Natty.

natty347 likes this.
  18. I've been doing kratom for the last few weeks. It's pretty great. I have very vivid dreams on it, but I never have nightmares. I've had a couple of dreams now where I'm with my dog that died, and I get to pet him and stuff. It's nice.

Other than that, it is just making work more bearable for me. I don't get bogged down with negative thoughts and feeling sorry for myself.

idahocowboy and natty347 like this.
  19. I feel pretty certain that it effects sleep, as I have been having far more vivid dreams. That's okay. I read your other posts and it sounds like you're having a rough time, so I understand. I hope the kratom helps you with your pain. I'm not really in any pain, so I don't notice it so much in that way.

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Kratom, sounds like a Superman villain lol

Orison likes this.