Psychiatric Medication The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by TheGreatShoeScam, Nov 20, 2016.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Adderal IR - Good if your into taking ADHD pills.

Vyvance - Big Pharma scam to make $ billions Takes forever to start working and the only thing 'long acting' is the cant eat anxiety ridden bummer crash.

Seroquel Good Best sleeping pill ever, like weed minus the paranoia but hungry hungry I am tired.

Zyprexa (olanzapine) - Ugly Proof the devil exists, the most evil thing since thalidomide. Should be banned and its makers put in prison. http://psychrights.org/states/alaska/CaseXX.htm

--------

Instant release pills - Good

Extended release - scam to get patent extension.

If you have tried one and it works or you think its crap let us know.

2. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I thought the title was cool but I should have made it "rate that drug" or something like that. 0 views oh well.

Maybe a do over soon.

3. I was on Zyprexa for a while. Can't really remember how I felt on it, though.

Wellbutrin is good stuff. Risperidone works wonders.

I told my doctor I was having trouble concentrating and he put me on wellbutrin, which is an antidepressant. I suppose he thought I was too depressed to concentrate. It didn't really help all that much, except I'm generally in a good mood. I want that Adderall, damn it.

4. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Zyprexahell blankness Of course you can't remember how you felt cause you didn't.

You should have Adderall if that's what you want. The trick to these doctors is to make them think your idea is there idea.

Hey doc WTF , I take this Risperdone (if you still are) and it makes me tired and unmotivated... It would really improve my quality of life to have 6 hours in my day with energy from Adderall ... How would you like to need to take risperdone ?

Maybe try that what. worked for me was to just walk away. I have a stash of Seroquel as needed from a GP if run away insomnia gets me and that's it. I liked Adderall though. Not half as bad as vyvance but the crash from Adderal got to be to much though too.

5. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Be careful with Venlafaxine. I was very briefly on it (about 2 weeks) and like to have lost my mind; couldn't eat, sleep or sit still. When I tried to sleep I had the uncontrollable urge to get back up and walk aimlessly around. I would do this all night; lay down for 5 or 10 minutes, get back up, wander around the house, lay back down, etc. My doctor was actually talking about electroshock to get me out of it before he decided to try me on a different medication. I've been on Zoloft and Abilify ever since and am doing great.

I should also mention that I was on Buspar before all that. As far as I could tell it is worthless, might as well have been taking sugar pills.

6. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I had the uncontrollable urge to get back up and walk aimlessly around...

Akathisia is a movement disorder often caused by psychotropic drugs characterized by a feeling of inner restlessness and a compelling need to be in constant motion, as well as by actions such as rocking while standing or sitting, lifting the feet as if marching on the spot, and crossing and uncrossing the legs while sitting.

Venlafaxine Common brands: Effexor

Now lets search Effexor + Akathisia and .... below

Great article Josh and Aimee! Let’s hope it serves as a warning to the dangerous effects of antidepressants. Akathisia is a Greek term meaning “Can’t sit still.” As you will read in this article that is exactly what happened to Josh after only days on Effexor. Had the doctors recognized it as such they would have known to stop the medication. Instead they continued medicating him with the drugs that are known to cause this. Read the article explaining it all here: http://www.drugawareness.org/effexor-young-father-suffers-akathisia-in-days-on-meds/

Here is the same guy, his wife made a video

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcy-oDM5XHs[/media]

My doctor was actually talking about electroshock to get me out of it... Lets get electroshock from a doctor that does not even know what Akathisia is or more likely doesn't bother explaining it to his patients.

Its fairly obvious from my other posts I hate the psychiatric profession cause of what they did to me, I don't need a long rant to express that but damn electroshock for what patients have nicknamed "Side Effexor." Scary.

7. matt1162

matt1162 Members

Paxil screwed me over bad. It would literally take over an hour to orgasm on it. My girlfriend at the time didn't know I was taking it and it's side effects. She got upset one night in bed because she thought I couldn't climax because she wasn't attractive. I got no benefit from it and couldn't stop because of the withdrawal. I finally quit last summer and my brain hasn't returned to normal.

8. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Paxil withdrawal lawsuit www.google.com/search?q=paxil+withdrawal+lawsuit

Information about lawsuits related to Paxil injuries. ... forming, when in fact the company reportedly knew about severe withdrawal symptoms as early as 1993.

www.google.com/search?q=testing+paxil+in+children

What they did to kids... Corporate psychos are not much different then Jeffrey dahmer and the silence of the lambs guy. Right and wrong , WTF is that ?? We are psychos, we just don't get it.

1 person likes this.
  9. matt1162

matt1162 Members

10. matt1162

matt1162 Members

I agree. The pharmaceutical industry should be the most heavily regulated industry in the country. Instead the FDA's job is to make sure drugs make it on the market as quickly as possible. Even when they fined Glaxo et. al over $3 billion over their false data on their clinical trials, I don't think any of that $3 billion fine went to the victims. I'd like to know where the money from that fine went to. Even that $3 billion was nothing to Glaxo. That was only 3 months worth of sales of Paxil. The worst part is that even in the clinical trials for Paxil which were designed by the drug company, the shit barely beat the placebo for efficacy! The damned drug performed almost equal to a freaking sugar pill as treatment for depression! As I mentioned my inability to ejaculate as a negative side effect, the sales reps for Paxil have pushed it to doctors as treatment for premature ejaculation! I never even knew that was even considered a medical problem. If you watch our closest relatives in the animal kingdom, the Great Apes, sex last like 10 seconds for them. Alas, big pharma and their close buddies in the psychiatric industry have me hooked on benzodiazepines. I've ceased all other psych drugs. I want to work on getting off of the benzos but I first need to recover from ceasing the other drugs.

11. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Lets break the law and market dangerous drugs to children and the elderly, and anyone else who cares. Lets publish fraudulent studies... Bribe doctors what ever it takes...

Academics refer to psychopaths in the workplace individually variously as workplace psychopaths, executive psychopaths, corporate psychopaths, business psychopaths, successful psychopaths, office psychopaths, white collar psychopaths, industrial psychopaths, organizational psychopaths or occupational psychopaths. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy_in_the_workplace

Can there be any other explanation for the behavior from these people in the pharma/psych industry ?

12. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Hmmmm....I only have experience of taking olanzapine (10mgs) for just over 2 years & for me it worked incredibly well! The only side effects were a certain amount of weight gain and a reduction in libido.

13. Bjursten

Bjursten Members

SSRIs are no joke. My wife was on prozac for 4 months, and it worked wonders for her, without withdrawal. But oh buddy let me tell you, I was given Lexapro (escitalopram) for anxiety many years ago - I took it for 3 weeks, had the second worst panic attack of my life that lasted 3 whole days, no sleep no food, and then promptly threw it out, and took me weeks to recover from that hell.

SSRIs are nasty nasty. They either work great or they suck big time. Their efficiency is only ~30-40% in the treatment of major depression, and only ~20-30% in the treatment of anxiety. Want to know what placebo effectiveness is? 20-40%. That's right folks, SSRIs are literally no better, or worse for you, than a sugar pill.

14. Burnt

Burnt Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Zypexa I see does nothing but bad if you do not need it. I do need it.It dulls me but I have not self harmed with it. Pretty good trade off.

15. sickgirl

sickgirl Members

Adderall--- f**king fabulous! It's not called "the poor man's cocaine" for nothing!
    Seroquel-- Great for sleep. That's about it.
    Lamictal -- A very good mood stabilizer.
    Zoloft -- A wonderful anti depressant. It's much better than Celexa, which I was on before.
    Depakote -- It makes you gain lots of weight. I wouldn't recommend it.
    Risperdal -- Knocked me out! I didn't like it
    Neurontin -- Used as both a mood stabilizer and an anti- seizure medication. I was prescribed it to SLEEP once! Strange..
    Abilify -- Love it. It really helps with my Bipolar disorder.

Note: I am not presently taking all of these meds at once now. Just a few of them. I am just reporting on my experiences.

16. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I was on both of these

I got major crashes from the come down of adderal. It was my doctor who suggested I go on Vyvanse for that reason. On vyvanse the crash was not very intense for me at all. But it did take forever to kick in, and sometimes you didn't even realize it.

I'm glad to be off of that stuff and hope to never be on psychiatric drugs ever again.

Much of the time, they are a scam for the pharmaceutical companies to get their prescribers dependent on them. Rather than solve their mental issues in the long run.

17. Scratched

Scratched Members

I was prescribed Citalopram, tried to kick it a year or so ago when I was using Robo in smaller doses to "chill out". To avoid Serotonin Syndrome.

Five days in and I was about to go fucking berserk. You don't really notice the effects of it until you quit taking it. I had to switch off it later for a different health condition later, so I could take a more effective pill form instead of the liquid junk, to get rid of it.

Now DXM (Robo) seems to have little effect.

Switching from one a day time-release Xanax to Valium for situational anxiety was a tough damn battle too. Used a pill-splitter to cut the Xanax smaller once a week and still had withdrawal like crazy...

My therapist says Pharma is working on a drug that will eliminate opiates and other addictive substances, within ten years it will be out.

They can't leave their hands out of anything, can they?