Prague

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Deleted member 157313, Oct 6, 2017.

1. I'm toying with the idea of going to Prague in the near future. Anyone been recently? What's it like for vegetarians? Is it expensive. Any current info would be good!

2. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

been a few times but not recently ( about ten years ago ) Kind of a party place like Dublin or Amsterdam !
    By that I mean Party but lots of history and cool buildings ! which is what I like , cant see that
    It would have changed much since then ;)

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Last time i was visiting Prague we walked by a restaurant that looked above our budget. Kept walking and looking for awhile but saw no other restaurant nearby and we were hungry so decided to check that one out anyway. It was fancy and would def have been above our budget in our own country but there it was dirt cheap!
    This was like 4 years ago though. But its still cheaper than UK or Netherlands :)
    Don't know about hotels, an old woman (real hustler!) got our attention on the side of the road: said she keeps a camping in her backyard. Glad we encountered her! No complaints, was an excellent option since we had a tent with us (our final destination was Sziget)

4. You're talking my kind of language people! Thanks!

5. MasseurNaturel

MasseurNaturel Members

Yes I've been and would definitely go again, it's a very historic city, probably the most popular areas are the Old Town Square with it's medieval astronomical clock and numerous bars and restaurants, and Charles Bridge over the Vltava River which dates from the 1400s.

There's loads of traditional tourist stuff to do, e.g. visit the castle, river cruises, museums etc. Also more curious things like climbing Petrins Hill (1000+ feet) and Petrins Tower (200 feet) a replica of the Eiffel Tower, and why is there a giant metronome on top of a hill, I walked to it anyway. Plenty of nightlife too, bars open late especially in the Old Town Square. Seemed like there was something for everyone there, I did everything from go see the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra play to visiting a sex machines museum. Prices for most things seemed very reasonable, far less than other city breaks I've done.

6. Quli

Quli Banned

Prague will always be the city which is closest to my heart.
    I was traveling all over Europe but Prague is my favorite destination.

soulcompromise likes this.
  7. Big Mamba

Big Mamba Members

Hi there. I recently visited for the first time in April and you´ll have no problem, as there is a ton of vegetarian and even vegan options now. Prague is quite international, and as such, offers many different types of cuisine and restaurants. Czech food is a bit more difficult but in many places you can find big salads made with chick peas and a whole host of veggies, plus the Czechs have awesome potatoe dishes and soups - fresh cream of mushroom. You should have no probelm, also a quick tip check out other towns besides Prague, I visited Plzn and Karlovy Vary - absolutely Awesome :blush: Prices depend on location and if your in a tourist area - but you can def. find really good cheap food if you want to.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Go to the pub where you have to verse other tables how many drinks you drink. Fun times.. Fun fun times.. Sick times. Crook times. Not so fun mornings... Fun times. :)

9. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power