Poster's Block

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by Pete's Draggin', Jun 30, 2017.

1. fundoo

fundoo Members

Wait, no quadruple ditto to this. Gotta edit the other now and then signing off! :p

Edit again, please forgive the multiple posts! (Fundoo likes this! No?? ;) )

I've got actual writer's block too now. :/ It wouldn't bother me as much, except that I got involved in this sort of, not competition, but well a deadline of a word count for this month. Mines gonna be pure "rubbish" ;)

1 person likes this.
  2. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Id like to repond to posts and topics, but.......majority of the posts I would write in commenting about what another member or guest wrote........causes anxiety out of fear of my post possibly being remotely considered off topic.

I come across posts about people being banned, given warning point's, and trollish behavior.

Just today I wanted to comment on a topic. A member made a post. I wanted to make a comment about that members post. After reading my draft post, it had nothing to do with the original topic. So I once again..pete deletes. I was going to send my comment as a PM to that member.........but deleted again....."[raised voice] What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?"~GSH

[Shout to self]Pete! This is a forum, if everyone communicated everything in PMs, there would be NO forum. Duh. (Hf Community sentiments)

This is my first time belonging to a forum community. Duh, you think? I dont want to get in trouble and be kicked off.

A member once said to me "be brave"
    Im almost there, I just can't get to that level out of being

51 percent pussy
    49 percent contributor
    Hey, I've made good reductions, I was at 100 percent "P" at one time.

I'm most comfortable posting either in the attic or crawlspace of Roll's house or in Aeri's non political traveling RV.
    (Toast is tasty too)

It took me a over an hour to write this post....lol
    The mod gods know this already, including the one that is bored to death of watching my right index finger pecking.....lol.

Time to click [Add Reply]

2 people like this.
  3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Time To Click......."Continue Posting Regardless".......Problem Solved.......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  4. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

You're worrying to much, Pete. It's ok to go a bit off topic, briefly. Just like typical in-person discussions, conversations here naturally drift. It is when a person repeatedly and purposefully derails threads that it becomes an issue.

You could always just start your own topics if you are nervous about going off topic. Your topic, your rules ;).

2 people like this.
  5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I used to type out long tomes here, usually in the psychedelics/religion/philosophy forums.
    But carpel tunnel bullshit and constant numbness/pain in my hand means that if I do type out more than a paragraph or two, it is agonizing.
    so if you see me post a half page tome as I used to, know that the topic is probably important to me.

2 people like this.
  6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

you know what's been bothering me lately? that vegetable oil based butter substitute (i usually buy country crock, not that i think it really matters) forms a dark yellow skin on the top after like a day of not using it. i'm sure it's fine to eat that, but it always makes me slightly nervous. i feel like when your food starts changing color that means it's going bad.

i really need to do something about these books my mom dropped off when she visited over 2 weeks ago. they've been sitting in the middle of my floor since then.

3 people like this.
  7. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

I have the impression it's virtually impossible to get banned here, unless one makes repeated and violent ad hominem attacks

1 person likes this.
  8. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

Butter's been rehabilitated. You no longer have to deal with 'I Can't Believe It's not Butter' and its analogues

Indeed, if one were in Ireland one could grab a couple of pounds of Kerrygold, the butter that made butter wrestling famous, and led to the Gaelic translation of pucker up buttercup, not to mention etc

1 person likes this.
  9. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

no voice program which lets you just maunder into a mike?

1 person likes this.
  10. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

naw, it often just depends on who you piss off. The longstanding mods are pretty fair and they did a recent housecleaning of the not-so-fair ones.

1 person likes this.
  11. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I see what you did there.

12. fundoo

fundoo Members

awe!! i didnt know this was your first!!
    this is really only my hmm technically 5th?? but i count only 2 and a 3rd sorta being my own (well my friends made it, it lasted less than a year it is still there but like weeks pass without a single post or checkin now.) But yeah, my first was a dying out one, really only one major chat thread but some other threads in use. Skip over the other one that was similar, then go to my last one. Ahh, that was a real forum. In my mind, but not even as large as this one. I learned a lot there. Still, this place has turned out to be pretty great. Better even, in many regards.

Oh! ok ha shit! So I went a little forum crazy end of last year and joined like a half a dozen more. So I forgot about a few of those. And another one I completely forgot. THAT is a real forum too. Too big and too specific though. By big I mean well, i dont know how to put it in words. I just havent explored it AS much because it didnt have aALL of my interests. HF pretty much does and has the swellest company too. ^^

That being said, I stopped by this thread for a reason. What was it again?? lol

1 person likes this.
  13. fundoo

fundoo Members

i have a touch of CT myself. Well, my results said so and I was in a lot of pain a few years ago. It seems to have subsided for now, but I do have to be careful. and considering I decided I wanted to start writing again s a hobby, well, the thought of being extra careful has crossed my mind. I think it is the mouse clicking. i need a new mouse though because it is getting extra stubborn now.

are we getting off topic yet? guess im really not proving I have a problem like the topic title says if I keep making posts and comments. haha Thing is, it isnt always MY posts, if that makkes any sense. THAT is where I DO in fact, get poster's block.

1 person likes this.
  14. chillaxinchick

chillaxinchick Newbie

When I get poster's block, then I know it's time for me to take a break from the online world and perhaps seek a little inspiration by other means such as nature, reading, comedy, dabbling in personal interests and simply just detoxing from the online world.

2 people like this.
  15. fundoo

fundoo Members

yea this, but sometimes it is just poster anxiety. do people really want to hear the thoughts in my head and/or if they do, do I really want them to? :D

1 person likes this.
  16. chillaxinchick

chillaxinchick Newbie

LOL! If one has something to say, then I say "Let er' rip!" If I feel myself getting worked up and I know nothing good will come of what I have weighing on my chest, then I normally will ban myself for the day to decompress and collect my thoughts. I don't believe virtually throat punching other members is permitted and I don't want to go to forum jail either. :p

1 person likes this.
  17. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

How's it going with Peter's block Peter? Any quantitative easing in sight?

18. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

It would probably help if I knew how to type. By the time I'm done pecking I've rethought it and fuck it...delete.

1 person likes this.
  19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, i can't imagine not knowing how to type. sometimes i'll post while i'm eating, and just typing one handed takes so long i get frustrated after 3 words. and i can actually kind of type with one hand; it's still way faster than the hunt and peck method. same with posting from my phone, it just takes so long i never type more than a sentence or two. and that's also still more efficient than hunt and peck.

and yes, i know someone is going to make a one handed typing/masturbation joke. i get it, i would make that joke too.

1 person likes this.
  20. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

I had a short break. It seemed to help alot.

Some new topics seem to help as well. In RL I can get people to laugh. In hf, my humor could be construed as cocky/trollish. I hold back alot of my stand up and delete. Timing is everything. If not timed correctly, it will get pretty cold in here, or be left on a deserted Island.

I'd do stand up all day long, but behind the keyboard it's probably the toughest humor to accomplish.

The comic side of me is half of my poster's block. That makes no sense but I'll leave it and not delete, I'll chalk it up as therapeutic.

Where's lion when I need him?