Pocahontas NOT native American by Government's standards!!

Discussion in 'Activism' started by Melungeon, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Melungeon

Melungeon Guest

I bet you are unaware that even Pocahontas which the entire world recognizes as native american....IS NOT RECOGNIZED AS NATIVE AMERICAN BY THE USA GOVERNMENT!

The two oldest reservations in america...the Pamunkey and mattaponi are to this day NEVER RECOGNIZED by the USA federal government.

Powhatans generally should of been the first federally recognized people yet to this very day they are NON RECOGNIZED native american people. Just take this little simple test...name one native American.....bet you will say Pocahontas...and that proves my point..if you recognize Pocahontas as Native American then the American Government should also. In fact not a single Native American in the entire state of Virginia is recognized by the federal government. If you study American history you will know that if it was not for Pocahontas, the Pamunkey, Mattaponi, Powhatans, and the other Virginia native people...then THERE WOULD BE NO AMERICAN GOVERNMENT TO THIS DAY.

If this you was unaware of this and think there should be a change in this, sign the petition for unrecognized native americans, and spread to everyone you know. If we get 25,000 signatures then Obama has to address the issues of non recognized native people like Powhatans, Mattaponi, and Pamunkey (Pocahontas' people). This petition is a OFFICIAL petition hosted by Obama's WE THE PEOPLE.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...rican-indian-peoples-and-communities/72ZrBGKx

2. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Are the Powahattans recognized by the State of Virginia?

Over here we have The Ramapo Indians ( NJ) who are not recognized by The Feds either. the State does recognize them.

3. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

You should be talking to the Canadian Natives.
    Read some news outside your country and then Idle No More.

I never do news at Hip for personal reasons but I'm tempted to do one for Idle No More.
    It's really important and inspiring and I don't think the USers have a clue that it's happening.

4. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Back in my family ancestry, there is a man named "Powahatan" and his sister is named "Pocahontas". Of course, they are not The Powahatan and Pocahontas but honored nonetheless.