People who change when they get into a relationship

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by la Principessa, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

You, who see these people first hand, know it is wrong. You don't really need anyone to agree.
    We, who don't know these people and are aware we're hearing the story through your eyes, are not so much defending him but pointing out that there could be reasons and other-sides to things.

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Now you are starting to sound like you want to take his place

You can have two wives now. you are probably going to have 5 wives when you are 40 anyway

3. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

You don't have to apologize. There are a lot of things that are considered "women's issues" simply because men don't reveal they go through the same thing.

4. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

^ I second that you don't need to apologise.. Anyone who doesn't want to read it doesn't have to and your experiences may be useful to someone.

5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

That's a whole other level of creepy. The right thing to do would be to warn your friend, but that could backfire and accomplish absolutely nothing except ruining your friendship. That's a tough situation to be in.

Hopefully, she'll figure it out for herself before it gets too bad.

la Principessa likes this.
  6. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

My inclination is to believe that people like that don't really change in a relationship, it's just that their partner was either quick to jump into a relationship without knowing their significant other very well or the other person isn't a particularly good people reader.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

probably because you've seen my picture and just can't imagine such a handsome face not surrounded by beautiful women.

i do play plenty, i just tend to lose.

8. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Wow that's insane! I don't care what your gender is, treating a partner that way is never okay. Women can be abusive too. I've seen it many times. And you definitely don't need to apologize, it pertains to the topic.

Certainly beating and talking down to her are two different things, but the common denominator is disrespect. That's what concerns me about anyone in a relationship with that type of person. If they start being disrespectful right in the beginning, it's not a good sign for when the honeymoon period is over.

9. la Principessa

I'll keep it in mind that whenever I show genuine compassion and concern for another human being, it actually means I want to boink them. It couldn't possibly be that I'm a decent human that doesn't think with their genitals.

Noserider likes this.
  10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Lolz, who said anything about boinking them?

Remember that one a couple weeks back, posted here about a commune in a house of 16 wesbians, Canada I think it was. What do you think that was? 8 couples? Nooooo. You dont think out of those 16 there were 2 or 3 top dogs, ready to chase away any pesky potentially abusive males?

Can totally see that in you, some kind of womens refuge thing. 6 permanent inhabitants, you and your five wives. Another dozen that come and go. Apothecary and witchcraft, and of course vegan. It can be like Charmed, but with Tofu.

Funny thing is its all your mums fault, the way it all started had nothing to do with a male ;)

11. la Principessa

So this post has turned into how I'm a lesbian because of my mom. Okay..lol I'm done.

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oi, NO, future refuge operator or foster parent because of your mum.

Stop jumping straight to pulling out the gay card no one really gives a shit

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Double post

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

pretty sure it was one troll...

15. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Religious republican? There's her problem right there. Along with being a doormat.

la Principessa likes this.
  16. la Principessa

I thought he was an ape? Maybe he's some kind of gorilla/troll hybrid.

17. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Aw
    VG is no troll. He's just...

Whatever he is.

But he's funny. So. Eh.

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ok, I apologize for offending you.

Even though I offended you because you luuuuuv her...ooooh you luuuuuv her

19. la Principessa