Parallel Universe/11th Dimension

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by HaTeD-oN-MoStly, Jan 23, 2008.

1. HaTeD-oN-MoStly

HaTeD-oN-MoStly Member

Did anyone see this on the science channel? It was very interesting. I also looked this up on the web "M Theory" but was having a difficult time understanding it. That kind of physics is way over my head lol.

But aren't they saying the singularity came from two branes ( membrane, p brane ) which are multidimentional objects colliding into each other? Thats how a big bang starts.

I guess my overall question is what basically is the string theory? And how does it relate to membranes colliding and creating universes? Do scientists know where these membranes come from? How many are there? I know they mentioned something like our universe is like a bubble. Which is part of an ocean of bubbles. This is all theoretically speaking by the way.

Just wanted to know your opinon on it.

The singularity it is very very small like maybe 10 to the negative 35 milimeters or something like that. Is that part of the string theory? or M-Theory.

2. pixeewinged

pixeewinged Visitor

3. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

:lol:

4. pixeewinged

pixeewinged Visitor

5. BJester232

BJester232 Member

As far as the 11th dimension, that is a new theory correlated in with M-theory, which came after super-string theory and string theory. Here is a simple explanation to 10 of the 11 dimensions... http://www.tenthdimension.com/medialinks.php

6. XBloodyNailPolishX

XBloodyNailPolishX Forgetful Philosopher

A friend of mine astro travels and has told me a little bit about other dimensions; sounds very interesting. I wonder how seeing other dimensions affects you... I bet it really opens your mind to the world and makes you realize you aren't the all important thing you thought you were :)