Painting Dollhouse Art Project

Discussion in 'Art' started by Moonglow181, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Today I woke up wanting to get started painting the big wooden dollhouse I just bought at a rummage sale the other day for $5.00. It is painted a monotone pink everywhere inside and out right now,. as that is how I found it.

This doll house is 32" wide x 28" tall.

I washed it 2 days ago and it has been sitting outside ever since.

Today, I wanted to get going on it....but .....I did not have the paint I wanted to use or the proper amount or anything, so I made a trip to Home Depot a little earlier and asked questions, and they said I could order samples....smallest size of paint they will sell...and that it is fine for wooden doll houses, etc......so I took a long time looking at all of the colors and picked out 5 colors for sample colors....and the total for all 5 came to $18.00 and change....

The colors are called:

1. Cosmic cobalt blue
    2.majestic blue
    3.ice sculpture
    4.tinted ice.....(white with blue hue)
    5. Ice drop......white...but icy white

I am going to make this doll house a work of art with snow, snowflake, ice theme and stars, moon and cosmic theme of the galaxy....as well.

I carried the doll house upstairs and put it in the guest bed room, so that while I am working on it, the cats will leave it alone to dry....as I can keep the door shut to that room....and now, it is getting late, and have to take the dogs out soon and do a million of other usual things today, so i hope to get this project started tomorrow or in the wee hours of the morning when I am up and everything and everyone else is sleeping in this house, and I have nothing else I have to do or tend to.

I will keep it updated on this thread.

I have been collecting miniature things and doll house furniture for ages, and wonder, will I be painting some of that to go into this house? maybe.....but first i want to do the house.....

Here are the photos of it the first hour it was here after the rummage sale with the blue tape saying sold on it.....

I noticed a bird crapped on it already, while it was outside, and some small insects were moving in, so i brushed out the insects before bringing in it, and will have to wipe it down once more before I begin painting it.

I have so many ideas for his house.....and hopefully, I won't abandon it half way through..... :D...nah, I doubt it. I am committed. :)

Happy painting!!!!

I can't wait.....!

I never made a doll house my painting art project before.....

020.JPG

021.JPG

8 people like this.
  2. Cool moonglow...can't wait to see the finished product!

1 person likes this.
  3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

You're neat Moonglow! Hope the project goes well.

1 person likes this.
  4. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Cool thread idea moonglow :)

1 person likes this.
  5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Funny I was just thinking of building a doll house....have fun!

1 person likes this.
  6. Moonglow181

Thank you! Build one, MeAgain, and then take photos of it to show us here. I don't have that part of the talent for building one....or at least I don't think I do. I never tried to build one.....That is great that you can do that!

and anyone wanting to talk about doll houses here..is fine, show their dollhouses or miniatures or whatever.....or any other art project is fine.....unless you want to start your own thread..

I once thought of making a haunted castle one...and a beach house.....I did make a shadow box of a scene from Little Woman........and will dig that out and take photos here of that at some point.

So many ideas.....so I have to stay with the snow and night sky one now.......love winter and love the night sky..........and that is that! :p

7. Moonglow181

Thank you!....and oops....did not see your comment for some reason earlier....duh.....and just saw how everyone here had a like from me except for you.....so I gave you one now....OOPS....not a slight!...but apparently a blindness or something earlier....oops again and sorry....not intentional.....:(

8. MeAgain

I do have two furniture kits I picked up for free at a yard sell, but I never put them together.

I recently acquired a granddaughter, so I'll think about the house...I have a year or two yet to build it.

1 person likes this.
  9. Moonglow181

CONGRATULATIONS! Lucky you to have a grand daughter to spoil!

10. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

built my sister a dolls house when I was at School for Christmas it was Massive took two people to carry it home
    I wallpapered it and papered the outside with paper with red bricks printed on it
    I was Soooo Proud of that Doll house I didnt want to give it to her Lol !!! Dont know what happened to It I will ask her next time I see her

Enjoy your Doll house Moonglow and dont forget to put lots of pictures on here when its Finished
    I will deffo Follow this Thread !

2 people like this.
  11. MeAgain

I was looking around and had to post these!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  12. MeAgain

This one's made of foam!
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. MeAgain

[​IMG]?​

2 people like this.
  14. Moonglow181

Awesome! think my favorite is the first one in the tree, as i love all the lit up rooms...One could get lost insdie there. I don't really like the flowers on the tree though. I would probably put moons and stars on it....:D

15. Candybuttons

Candybuttons Sweet Member

Omg I love it! That looks like such a fun project! Can't wait to see more! :)

16. MeAgain

I like the hobbit house.

It looks neat with the roof on.

17. Moonglow181

Which one is the hobbit house?

Mally, I thought about what you said.....you wanted to keep your dollhouse that you made, but gave it as a gift, anyway.

I have every intention of giving the one I am working on to my niece......but thought, "Oh, no! I hope i will not get too attached to it after I finish it and then it stays here....."....but so far my intentions are good.... :D

Stan visited his nephew yesterday to look at his car about something.....His nephew is a mechanic.....and his little niece came running outside and Stan gave her a huge brand new stuffed Mickey Mouse I sent over there for her yesterday i found at the rummage sale for 35 cents....and said..."This is from ( insert my name)..." She danced with it and sang my name.....and was so happy....and after Stan told me that, I said....to myself..."Got to give her this doll house at some point. We'll see......:D

18. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Moonglow is the original A.D.

Seriously though, cool idea.

19. MeAgain

The last one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. Meliai