Oral Sex

Discussion in 'Sexual Health' started by Krage, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Krage

Krage Members

Hi ladies,

How many of you experience an infection after sex or after oral. Seems like every time after my husband goes down on me I get a yeast infection. Is this common?

2. Krage

Krage Members

Lol thanks I'll definitely have to go check that out

3. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Without fail, every time my wife and I have sex either by intercourse or oral, my wife will take a cranberry tablet and prescribed meds. She swears by it and always ready for a good oral licking.

4. Krage

Krage Members

Awesome thank you for the advice!

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Is he eating sugar lollies etc before hand? Are you using any flavoured lubricants?

I can't use flavoured lubes as I'm prone to irritation from the sugar.

6. Krage

Krage Members

Not quiet sure on the sugar but I'm the same way I can only use water based lubricant because how sensitive I am

7. Treesa

Treesa Members

I used to experience it after oral and vaginal sex. I thought my guy at the time was cheating on me because my gynecologist told me that it's an infection and gave me ointment. But turned out my vagina is super sensitive and I'm using a vaginal cream for yeast infection daily and unprotected sex hasn't affected me since

Lawrence252 likes this.
  8. shaillythomas

shaillythomas Banned

me and my husband doing oral sex but we never experienced any infection

9. Ellynx69

Ellynx69 Members

I take a garlic supplement daily for various reasons and I have kept yeast infections at bay.

10. Annie&3?48

Annie&3?48 Members

Hi! Medical professional here...have you two been tested recently? I only ask bc it’s important you or your partner may be been exposed to something not from a sexual act. He could very well have oral thrush and not realize it. But having sex in general can throw your lady parts off. You have a certain pH balance that is NATURALLY controlled but some times it doesn’t always help. Try eating two yogurt cups a day if your not lactose intolerant. Also getting a yeast infection indicates your immune system is off and your not producing the proper antibodies for the infections. Try increasing your veggies and protein intake as well as lowering your sugar and carb. Doesn’t need to be drastic or a anything but yeast thrive on sugar. Do NOT put anything in your vagina to help “balance” your pH or whatever thing they have on social media. Your body does that naturally. Walgreens stores do have OCM to help get rid of the yeast infection like Vagisil or Monistat. If you buy those get the 5 day or 7day use and do not have sex until you have finished. Sometimes your body wash, too many bubble baths or your partner having facial hair could be the cause. But remember to ALWAYS urinate after any kind of sex. If this doesn’t help go see your doctor. Hope this helps

Tiddy likes this.
  11. drock69

drock69 Members

I heard sticking your tongue too deep in a woman will cause yeast infections.

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  12. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

If you have been taking sugar or sugary substances then that can happen . Some lubes can also cause this as well as baby oil .

Tiddy likes this.
  13. Just for fun

Just for fun Live your best life

My wife use to get them very often for years. We would buy Monostat 3 by the case. Now she eats a very concentrated yogurt every day and since then she has not had one yeast infection. It's like magic..

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  14. Sillysweet

Sillysweet Banned

That is crazy or I'm just lucky I guess. I'm 31 and honestly have never ever had one. I don't eat a pure healthy diet either expecially I hate yogurt! Some people are just prone to get them I suppose.

bry75, Redwingsfan, BPC and 1 other person like this.
  15. oldguynurse

oldguynurse Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This bears posting here. There is some research, as well as a ton of anecdotal responses on several various sites, that losing the panties for daily use is of considerable value in reducing yeasties. Yes, I know some days they're necessary, but most of the time it's just ingrained and habitual. And no one will know except you..

The most obvious fact is that yeast and fungus (including males here) thrive in 1) warm, 2) dark, 3) wet/damp environments. Does that not sound like the human crotch?

And don't get me started on those creations of Satan himself, pantyhose! Does it make any sense to seal that area in? And most women will put them on OVER panties! NO! May explain the every-few-years resurgence in stockings (with or without garters).

It's simply common sense. Let that area air out and dry out. And that's for males as well as females.

FWIW.

Bilby likes this.
  16. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oldguynurse is correct. I married a nurse(now retired). We rarely wear underwear and are nude most of the time. We have a very active sex life and my wife drinks cranberry juice every day, and take a prescription pill to guard against UT and infections. This has worked for years.

Tiddy and oldguynurse like this.
  17. Tiddy

Tiddy Members

Start having protected sex.. Oral sex is still sex.

You can contract and transmit things through oral sex.

Use tongue condoms, dental dams, regular or tongue condoms on him..If you go down.

Protect yourself (well that's the idea).

Stop doing it if you keep getting infections..talk to ur doctor.

Your husband may be cheating too.

Go get an STD panel. Get tested for everything

18. oldguynurse

Definitely go see your GYN doc. This can happen but not as frequently as you say.

Tiddy likes this.
  19. oldguynurse

Re-thought my last post. The human mouth is residence for a myriad of critters. Usually yeast will manifest itself as 'Thrush" in the throat, causing a sore throat. But your hubby just MIGHT be harboring a sub-clinical level of yeasties which don't cause him any problems, but transfer to you.

Check with a trusted, discreet dentist. But for now, try maybe Listerine mouth wash. Burns like hell, but kills damn near anything.

My first suggestion posted above is best.

20. Josephinelcajon

Josephinelcajon Joseph

Never had it but I am a clean freak!