Only nudist in family or friends?

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by PM4082, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Yup same here..

Ah well....... @ least im not conditioned to think its wrong.....

2. Sunlover1954

Sunlover1954 Members

I am the only nudist in my family. The others don't know what their missing

1 person likes this.
  3. Hairless1

Hairless1 Member

Well...... I was the only nudist in the family. But, in the last year my wife has really started to enjoy nudity. She still won't go nude in front of our adult son, who still lives at home. When we go to a clothing optional location, she's just as quick as me to get naked. (Well, that's not quite true.... I travel there naked most of the time) Lol

Our daughter has told us that she goes naked a lot inside their home too. But she says that she really doesn't want to see Mom & Dad naked.

2 people like this.
  4. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Its sad isnt it??

5. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

My boyfriend occasionally strips down to hang out with me in our bedroom, which is really nice, but for the most part it's just me. I doubt my parents would have approved when I lived with them, so I was only nude alone back then.

6. kiltdude

kiltdude Member

I live with a roommate and I'll go around the house nude most of the time. He doesn't mind a bit. A very good friend of mine [male] comes over quite often and knows I like being nude around the house. He'll join me but only in my room or when my roommate isn't home! :)

7. nakedrhode

nakedrhode Member

I no longer have any nudist friends we see .As the years went by we lost touch went our separate ways had families etc . I am lucky enough to have great neighbours and friends accepting of my nudity even managed to upset one of them by wearing shorts when she arrived and was told in no uncertain terms to remove them .Its a long story will write it if anyones interested.

8. NudistDude

NudistDude Members

This is exactally how I was getting into nudism when I was 13. I was always naked in my room and slept naked. Once I started driving I would go to the state park and hike way out ams strip. Its seldom I ran into people lol... Though I am the only nudist in my family they all know, and I have a membership at a nudist camp and have lots of friends there.. Your journey is just beginning, live life and enjoy :)

9. Mstrbtng-b-sexy

Mstrbtng-b-sexy Members

I'm just now staring to embrace my enjoyment of being nude more. When I sleep nude more often, I wait even longer to put anything more on when I wake up. And only put on a robe at that for a while, that May or may not be open. Otherwise no robe when daughter goes to school. Definitely shedding the clothes more often when I get to my room, and leaving the door slightly open. Not embarrassed to be seen. . Not worried if my daughter sees me. But with my older son home for a semester (before he transfer out of state), not sure how he would feel... Have driven nude many times and enjoyed it. Will start to do that more when I'm alone and can. Have took early walks in neighborhood, but with a open robe, that can be closed just in case.. Enjoy skinny dipping in neighborhood pool in early morning whew no one around. Look forward to my ever increasing freedom..

10. Aranmich

Aranmich Members

I'm the only nudist in my family. I've hosted many dinners being completely naked while everyone else was clothed.

My husband finds it a little awkward at times, especially when someone stares a lot, but he gets over it.

11. NudistTed

NudistTed The Naked Man

I'm 28 y/o and have been living the nudist lifestyle since I was 20. I discovered nudism while on vacation in France. I happened upon a nude beach and was lucky enough to meet some really awesome nudist and was invited to their home. It was my very first experience with family nudity. I knew then and there that I wanted to live like them. When I returned to the states. I told both my parents about my nudist experience and that I wanted to live nude at home. My dad, who does not live w us (divorced when I was 10), said he was OK with it, but that it had to be up to mom to make the final decision. Mom did agree but with conditions. Mainly no nudity if we had company including my friends and no answering the door naked. The first week or so was weird for me and I'm sure it was for mom too. Being the only one naked wasn't quite what I had expected it to be. But over time I got used to it and now I don't even think about it. At home I am usually always nude. Mom too is very comfortable with my nudity. She even makes playful comments about it. I wish I had known about nudism as a young boy. I asked mom, if I had asked her to let me be nude when I was a boy, would she have let me? She said she probably would have. There is nothing sexual about my home nudity. Its how I have chosen to live and my family accepts it.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    John_1023 likes this.
  12. Biwing

Biwing Member

I'm (70yr) the only nudist in our family. My wife will go naked for me occassionaly in the house and I have managed to get her naked for sex in the backyard but that is it! She accepts my nudity but when the kids were born, she demanded that I stop until they left home. I did but when the last one went to college, I was nude all day long (when not at work) even when I re roofed the barn or stained the logs of the house. We lived on a four acre lot far out in the woods so nudism was very practical. I was caught a few times by delivery men but they got over it and acted as if it was normal. (I think that they secretly wished that they could be the same)

13. lovegoingnude2

lovegoingnude2 Newbie

I'm 70 years old married with 4 adult kids (3 girls 1 boy) and 6 grandkids. I'm the only nudist in the family. Other then my wife my oldest daughter are the only ones that knows I'm a nudist. My wife totally disapproves of my nudity, my daughter is ok with it. I've been a nudist for many years. Even though my wife doesn't approve of my nudity, I'm nude anytime I get a chance either indoors or outdoors. I wish I could convince my wife that my nudity has nothing to do with sex. I just like being clothes free.

Bushwack and NudistTed like this.
  14. thesantos29

thesantos29 Pretty Hip

I can relate. I became a nudist when I was single and living alone.

My wife isn't into it and doesn't like me being naked around the house. So, I can only be free when she is away.

I would love to have some nudist friends that I could hang out with.

bill697cu and Ybcican like this.
  15. Josephinelcajon

Josephinelcajon Joseph

Gratfully I was raised nudist from birth so never had to hide it. We never used doors inside the house. I couldn't imagine having to wear clothes at home. Enjoy it when and how ever you can. Once you move out you will have more freedom.

Casaderio likes this.
  16. Casaderio

Casaderio Members

Friends
    When I used to live closer to Denmark, sometimes I hung with a local crowd there who went nude at the beach, but that's ages ago. So when some friends I hang with now went to the (textile) beach, I was happy to hear one of them drop a hint by joking about that she knew the way to the nude beach better than the way to the textile one. Of course I took the opportunity to come out to her as a fellow beach nudist.

Somewhat later, when just the two of us were going to the beach, to my delight she suggested the nude beach and we went there. I got naked but to my surprise she put on a bikini. I had no idea why she suggested the nude beach when she had planned to wear swimwear herself and I was, and still am, clueless as to why she had lost her preference for nude bathing. Anyway, I enjoyed having company at the nude beach and it wasn't the last time we went there.

Next summer, we kept on going there and I finally learned why she suggested the nude beach. Since I had told her about my nude bathing, she assumed that I preferred nude beaches but was hesitant to suggest it to her. As a woman it was easier for her to suggest it, so she did.

We've actually gone to the beach more often after that then before, and I take that as her being completely at ease with the situation.

So in short, no nudist friends, but at least one nudity positive friend.

17. Casaderio

Casaderio Members

Family
    My family is non nudist, sadly. Kind of inconsistent, because when me and my siblings were kids, we were always swimming nude around family in our grandparents pool until I was about 10-12. It seems that if we did that so far past the age of 5-6 anyway, then why not continue indefinitely, but there was an age when our parents started bringing our swimwear to the pool.

As for extended family, I found out by accident that my uncle's wife Alice has zero hangups about nudity although she's a textile herself. She was around from when I was 8, when she was 20 and was my uncle's girlfriend. So she was used to seeing me+siblings nude at grandpa's outdoor pool back then. A few years later, she and my uncle moved abroad and usually only visited us for Xmas. They moved back here again 6-7 years later.

By then, my grandparents were retired and often went away during summers. I was in my late teens and looked after their house when they were gone. I often had the pool all to myself, so no need for swimwear.

One day when I was relaxing naked in a deck chair by the pool, Alice had arrived to the house without me hearing her (I blame the radio for that...). She could have made her presence known from a distance, but she just came through the patio door without warning, walked right up to me and greeted me, handed me something cold to drink and jumped into the pool. Not having seen us by the pool since we were preteens and swimming nude, she probably thought that we still swam nude around family and thought nothing of it. I was first embarrassed beyond belief, but her complete lack of reaction gradually made me realize that for her, it was just the same situation that she was used to from the years before her stint abroad.

So, no nudist in the family either, but at least one extended family member who accepts nudity so fully that you'd almost think she doesn't notice it.

Gville likes this.
  18. Fernweh

Fernweh Members

Maybe the reason that she stayed dressed was that she never was a beach nudist but was just making a joke when saying that she knew the way to the nude beach better. She could have seen it as a sexy and daring joke and just wanted to see what reactions she got.

If you go to the nude beach more often then you went to the textile beach, she's more than just at ease with it. She clearly enjoys it more now when you're naked, so she wants do to it more.

19. bbw-lover71

bbw-lover71 Members

I used to be in a nudist family as a kid but now I'm the only one now. My other half and I do go for hikes naked and around the house, but not full nudists, we only get naked when we are the only ones there.

6Sailor9 likes this.
  20. Jim270

Jim270 Members

Part 1:
    Wife 1 was a prude. Nuff sed.
    Wife 2 completely supportive; prefers me to be nude around the house. Psych "issues" (I hate the word!) cause her to be clothed most of the time, but not because she thinks it's wrong. Enjoys being nude when she feels good about herself- complicated; leave it at that. But she completely understands and supports me.
    Part 2: You'd be surprised about people you know who understand and support your nudism even if they don't participate. Mother in law 1 was that way- confided shortly before the divorce and her passing that I was a nudist. She was very enthusiastic in her support. I'm sure that married to someone like me she'd have been a full on nudist. And remember that this is the mom of the prude. Go figure....

Have good friend who's like a big sister to me. The most un-nudist person you could know. But she is 100% understanding and supportive of my nudism, and openly enjoyed spending time on the phone with me when I was nude, single between marriages.

So you never know. I'm sorry for the guys who's wives are against it, not just non participants. That's rough. I'm blessed to have a wife that gets it.

Casaderio and Bushwack like this.