online money transfer with service provided by London?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by rubberloverhk, Oct 22, 2017.

1. rubberloverhk

rubberloverhk Guest

I m paying for a product, I used to buy with only international credit card but I was recommended to use an online money transfer service that will save up a lot. They no longer accept credit card so international money transfer or bank wire is now the only option for me.

I have registered Transxxxxwire and uploaded my personal information including a photo of my passport to them for ID verification.

However, after comparing the total fee I have to pay, it does not really save that much and I'd like to request for deletion / removal of my account, and keep doing through bank instead.

I'd like to know, how does European countries usually handle information like this? Will they delete my information permanently or will they archive my information somewhere permanently? Any ideas? I read one of their terms it says my information may be distributed to other EEA. I don't quite understand. Does it mean that once my personal information including my passport details go into any one of the country in the EU system and then my information will be spread through all EU countries?

Any comments?

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't think anything would get deleted. Sounds suspect anyway... No longer use credit card.. Most the time when they want you to sign up to random sites and things it's not all cracked up to what it's meant to be.

Be careful.

3. rubberloverhk

rubberloverhk Guest

isn't there any law for those online money transfer service to prevent them selling or spreading my passports and/or personal details to other parties for marketing purpose? In that case is it so risky to use those service?

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well sure there is, but that hasnt stopped anyone before. At least with credit you can hopefully sort any wrong doing out with the bank?

5. rubberloverhk

rubberloverhk Guest

“. At least with credit you can hopefully sort any wrong doing out with the bank? ”

Sorry what does this mean ? I don't understand English language 100%

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well if you get frauded with your bank credit card, the bank should be on your side, so they should, look after you.

Its happened to me and my bank chased it all up, ended up being someone in Florida used my credit card number to buy iTunes songs. The bank refunded me and posed my account and opened a new one for me and recovered what was lost.

7. rubberloverhk

rubberloverhk Guest

I'm not too worried about the fraud because in fact, I only send the money to someone I know, (and trust)

I am thinking where would my passport information be stored, archived, distributed, used and spread.

I am thinking if I can request for deletion of those information

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I understand. Well I'd think they'd be stored for some period of time. If you're buying something then the seller will need to keep records. But you'd only have to worry if that comoany got hacked and their information taken.

You need to read reviews and information to see if you can trust it I feel.

9. rubberloverhk

rubberloverhk Guest

Sorry, I am not talking about the seller. The seller is a small potato. I am talking about the financial system of the P2P international money transfer. Will they send my personal details to their countries or will they only keep it within their company. What do you think?