Odd Collections

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by DizzleBean, May 22, 2017.

1. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

That's not odd

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yeah... I thought everybody did this.

3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

For Years I Collected "Converse High Top Basketball Boots"........Even Got Sports

Stores To Import Them For Me....(before internet)....Ended Up With 33 Pairs And

Not 2 Of The Same Colour......Threw Them All Out 3 Years Ago When I Moved......

Bad Move GLEN Some Of The Original Ones Can Fetch Over $200-00 Now If

They Are In Top Condition......:cryingcat:

Cheers Glen.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

tire weights, (more a matter of recycling/repurposing them, for my model trains), most sorts of hardware and technology things i find on the sidewalk if they look remotely like i might have a use for them. slightly less then half as often as i find them i find uses for them. pictures on the internet that have no cars, or city streets and no large red objects, especially ones that have narrow gauge trains in them or odd creative kinds of houses and other buildings, or most places that look maze like. also some music that people make themselves and post intending to share free. i pretty much don't buy things just to collect them. only things i can actually use to do something with. i did used to collect rocks when i was a geology student, and for several years after, but that was many decades ago now, and weren't worth trying to take with me every time i've moved since. reusable containers, until i have too many of them, then i start trashing the oldest of them first. unless of course, i have something in them, like those nuts and bolts and tire weights i find on the street.

nothing very strange in all that, but if i do find something that seems strange to me, that obviously no one wants, i'll save, though like the containers, only if i can find a place to put it.

5. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

I collect ticket stubs, lighters, rocks, seashells, buttons and pins.

6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I also used to collect Frisbees, but I got too many and then they started making too many versions...so I quit.
    I had an original BuzzbBee: now going for about $100.00.....I think I still have it somewhere.
    • [​IMG]
    A couple original Pluto Platers:
    upload_2017-11-29_22-41-59.jpeg

Frisbee Player's Handbook with disc:
    upload_2017-11-29_22-42-24.jpeg
    And one with a ball bearing center, No Nukes, NORML, ones with lights, whistlers, a G Ring, a Unicorn Supra, old Regulars, a couple Whirlee Twirlees:
    upload_2017-11-29_22-38-49.jpeg
    And a bunch more I can't remember.​