Obama Needs to Slap Down His Rogue DEA Chief

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by DdC, Apr 4, 2014.

1. DdC

DdC Member

DEA Administrator Michele Leonhart told a congressional committee today her agency is "fighting back" against Justice Department policies tolerating marijuana in states where it is legal. The president needs to dump her, or at least remind her who the boss is.

Obama Needs to Slap Down His Rogue DEA Chief
    by Phillip Smith, April 02, 2014

Thanks to the Marijuana Policy Project for the heads up on this. Here's their release on it:

DEA Administrator Tells Congress Her Agency Is “Fighting Back” Against Administration’s Tolerance of Marijuana Legalization

At a Wednesday House subcommittee hearing, DEA director Michele Leonhart publicly opposed Department of Justice position on legal marijuana in Colorado and Washington and warned of dangers of marijuana legalization … to pets.

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Michele Leonhart, administrator of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), repeatedly criticized the Obama administration at a hearing Wednesday on the DEA’s budget for the upcoming fiscal year.

In a memo released in July 2013, the Department of Justice (DOJ) announced that it would not interfere with the effective implementation of laws regulating the cultivation and sale of marijuana for adults in Colorado and Washington. When asked by Congressman Frank Wolf (R-VA) during a Commerce, Justice, Science and Related Agencies subcommittee hearing whether the Obama administration’s tolerant views toward legal marijuana had affected morale at the DEA, which is a branch of the DOJ, Leonhart replied that “our agents are fighting back against those messages. It makes us fight harder.” She had earlier criticized the DOJ for a perceived delay in issuing a response to Washington and Colorado’s new laws, claiming there was “a lot of confusion in those 296 days.”

Leonhart also claimed that public opinion in Colorado is turning against the initiative making marijuana legal, yet two recent polls suggest Colorado residents are more supportive of the law than ever before. A Public Policy Polling survey from March showed that 57% of Colorado voters think marijuana should be legal, and a Quinnipiac poll from February showed 58% support for the state’s legalization law. It was supported by 54.8% of voters in 2012. Finally, Leonhart claimed legalization would be dangerous to pets in Colorado and warned of a surge in veterinary clinic visits due to dogs consuming marijuana.

The Marijuana Policy Project has launched a Change.org petition calling on the president to fire Leonhart and replace her with someone who will base decisions on science and evidence instead of politics and ideology. The petition currently has more than 29,000 signatures and is available at change.org

"Administrator Leonhart’s comments were shocking," said Dan Riffle, MPP director of federal policies. "The DEA is not simply ignoring the administration’s policies with respect to regulating marijuana, but actively undermining them. Publicly criticizing and questioning the competence of your supervisor would get anyone fired in the private sector. It’s frankly astounding to me that Ms. Leonhart is still employed and American taxpayers continue to foot her $165,000 salary to publicly campaign against the president’s policies. As more Americans recognize that marijuana is safer than alcohol, more think we need to start treating it that way. Michele Leonhart is standing in the way, and it is time for her to go." @ stopthedrugwar/org

Yes, it is time for Michele to go. I would nominate someone like Ethan Nadelmann or Eric Sterling to replace her, but honestly, Zippy the Pinhead would do as well. ~ Phillip Smith

Leonhart: Actually, it Makes us Fight Sick Children Harder

Marijuana Stops Child's Severe Seizures

DEA’s Michele Leonhart Goes Rogue
    In February of 2009 Eric Holder vowed to end DEA raids on Medical Marijuana. In his statement he said, “the Justice Department will no longer raid medical marijuana clubs that are established legally under state law.” But left in place from the dubya era is Michele Leonhart. Ms. Leonhart is defying the administrations ban on raids against legal growers. These are people who have applied for a license and are sanctioned by local or State governments which allow them to grow and sell medical marijuana.

DEA Chief: Marijuana Legalization ’Just Makes Us Fight Harder’
    Wolf then asked Leonhart whether DEA agents have been feeling demoralized as a result of the legalization.

DEA: Think Of The Dogs Before You Legalize Pot
    Michele Leonhart, the head of the Drug Enforcement Administration, has a message for those considering legalizing marijuana: Please, think of Fido.

Tell that to SWAT!

Ganjawar Puppycide
    just another in a long line of dead dogs resulting from a small marijuana bust.

[​IMG]

Here we go again. Species by species of reefer madness. Shelly doesn't worry, insects have no Endocannabinoid System, so she can't even cop a buzz. Why is this tax paid liar of Bush still here? Don't fire her, arrest her for Congressional Perjury and Terrorizing children with seizures. This is far beyond following orders or call of duty. Like the insect before her Tandy, has vested interest in prohibition. Lyinghard probably has no sliver spoon but has maintained employment bilking the poor and schools funds. To chase hobgoblins and demonize business. Where is the chamber of commerce? Where is the Texas Cattlemen taking Oprah to court? DdC

Pot for pets?
    Seattle vets develop cannabis for dogs and cats

Veterinary marijuana?
    With pet owners already using the drug as medicine, veterinarians need to join the debate

Miles was dying.

The 12-year-old black Labrador Retriever–type dog had developed a splenic tumor that eventually metastasized to the liver and lungs. Miles was given two months to live and tramadol for the pain.

But, Miles’ owner didn’t like the way tramadol affected her pet. “Every time we gave it to him, he would just sleep; he wouldn’t even move. He’d just lay there like he was dead,” said Denise, who asked that her real name not be used.

Sitting outside a West Hollywood, Calif., café with Miles at her feet, Denise recalls how a friend suggested she try a glycerin tincture of marijuana that is sold as a pet medicine in dozens of licensed medical marijuana dispensaries throughout Los Angeles. Within an hour after she gave Miles the tincture, the dog’s appetite returned, and he was no longer vomiting. “It couldn’t have been a coincidence,” Denise said.

Vet recommends medical marijuana for pets in pain
    This Feb. 8, 2013 photo released by Vet Guru Inc., shows Dr. Douglas Kramer and his dog Mason inside his mobile surgical truck during an application of cannabis oil to the skin of Mason who had already undergone multiple surgeries to remove cancerous growths. Stories abound about changes in sick and dying pets after they’ve been given marijuana. There is a growing movement, led by Los Angeles veterinarian Doug Kramer, to make it more widely available. Others, however, urge caution until there’s better science behind it. (AP Photo/Oscar Anaya, Vet Guru.. Inc.)

* Medical pot for Fido: Seattle vets offer cannabis cure for pets
    * California Veterinarian Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Some Pets
    * Medical Marijuana For Pets Recommended By Veterinarian Doug Kramer

Veterinary marijuana ecp

Michele M. Leonhart (Lying Heart)
    Committee blocks Leonhart nomination.. do they ever listen?
    Arbitrary and Capricious OiNkDeCePtions

Shelly doesn't seem to care much for humans or monkey's.

Cannabis Shrinks Tumors: Government Knew in 74

The Hype: Brain Damage in Dead Monkeys

"At DEA, our mission is to fight drug trafficking in order to make drug abuse the most expensive, unpleasant, risky, and disreputable form of recreation a person could have."
    – Donnie Marshall, Administrator of the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)

[​IMG]

Sanjay Gupta Endorses Medical Marijuana

"We have been terribly and systematically misled for nearly 70 years in the United States, and I apologize for my own role in that," Gupta, who penned an article for Time in 2009 titled "Why I Would Vote No on Pot," writes for CNN.com. "I didn't look hard enough, until now. I didn't look far enough. ... I was too dismissive of the loud chorus of legitimate patients whose symptoms improved on cannabis.

Sanjay Gupta Backs Medical Marijuana, Apologizes

"Long before I began this project, I had steadily reviewed the scientific literature on medical marijuana from the United States and thought it was fairly unimpressive," wrote Gupta. "Well, I am here to apologize."

Dr. Sanjay Gupta: I Was Wrong

A recent survey in the New England Journal of Medicine also indicated support for medical marijuana. When told about a hypothetical case of a 68-year-old woman with breast cancer that had spread to her lungs, chest and spine, 76 percent of doctors surveyed said they would favor the use of marijuana for medicinal purposes.

Sanjay Gupta: I'm Sorry, I Was Wrong about Medical Marijuana

"We have been terribly and systematically misled for nearly 70 years in the United States, and I apologize for my own role in that," said Gupta.

Terribly & Systematically Misled about Marijuana

He pointed out tolerance is a real problem in existing medications: People are likely to overdose from a prescription drug every 19 minutes, but he couldn't come across one case of a marijuana overdose.

Sanjay Gupta Apologizes For 'Misleading' Public About Weed (VIDEO)

Gupta says he was too dismissive of the "loud chorus" of legitimate patients whose symptoms improved with help from medical marijuana. He now says, "I mistakenly believed the Drug Enforcement Agency listed marijuana as a schedule 1 substance [a category of dangerous drugs] because of sound scientific proof."

"They didn't have the science to support that claim, and I now know that when it comes to marijuana neither of those things are true," wrote Gupta, citing patient cases including a 3-year-old whose seizures were dramatically reduced from 300 a week to three a month with medical marijuana's help.

Sanjay Gupta ecp

[​IMG]

Is it time to get rid of the DEA?

Is The DEA Legalizing THC?
    You betcha, If a pharmaceutical product contains THC extracted from the marijuana plant, that would be a legal commodity. But if you or I possessed THC extracted from the marijuana plant, that would remain an illegal commodity.

Wait, it gets even more absurd.

Since the cannabis plant itself will remain illegal under federal law, then from whom precisely could Big Pharma legally obtain their soon-to-be legal THC extracts? There’s only one answer: The federal government’s lone legally licensed marijuana cultivator, The University of Mississippi at Oxford, which already has the licensing agreements with the pharmaceutical industry in hand.

NeoCon Flicts of Interest Bush Barthwell & Drugs
    Health regulators have sent an uncompromising message that smoked cannabis will not be approved for use by MS sufferers, leaving the way open for GW's under-the-tongue spray version of the drug. Justin Gover, the managing director, said GW's shares had attracted attention from private investors.

Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs
    Cover-Ups, Prevarications, Subversions & Sabotage

"Arbitrary and capricious" is legal language that was used by DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis Young in 1988 to conclude that DEA was obligated under the Controlled Substances Act to reschedule marijuana as a prescription medicine. DEA Chief Administrator Robert Bonner proceeded to arbitrarily and capriciously disregard Judge Young's well researched and reasoned decision, which the Act allowed him to do.

The two-tiered justice:
    Probation for Raping His 3 Year Old Daughter

Life in Jail for Ganja
    * Clemency to Jeff Mizanskey: Life without parole for marijuana
    * Oklahoma: Will Foster 93 Years For Cannabis 11/17/00
    * Oklahoma: James Geddes-47
    * 90 YEARS-5 PLANTS! Released July 28, 2003
    * Making weed hash could put you in jail for life
    * OK Senate Approves Life In Prison For Making Hash
    * Oklahoma Lawmakers Authorize Life Prison Sentence
    * For Converting Marijuana To Hash
    * Converting marijuana to hashish could land Oklahomans
    * a life prison sentence under a bill approved in the Oklahoma Senate.
    * Life in Jail For Making HASH? WTF! U2b
    * Two pounds of marijuana earns NOLA man a life sentence
    * Louisiana Man Gets Life for Marijuana
    * Pot Grower, 75, Given Year in Jail
    * US Prosecutes Cancer Patient Over Marijuana
    * Tommy Chong Gets Nine Months, Rush Limbaugh Zip
    * Rainbow Farm Massacre
    * The Murder of Peter McWilliams

Employers Can Fire You For Using Legal Marijuana

This is all the gossip does…

[​IMG]

2. OddApple

OddApple Member

Wahaha! The bitch is pathetic! People are blowing her off anyway, except the un who is still harping about it. Fuck of them.
    But Leonhart is perfect! Another dumb ass, full of it obamanite. His crown's just fulla "jewels"! Ahahaha!

3. Alwayswanting

Alwayswanting Member

I can't believe she still has a job, she should be kicked to the curb.

4. dangermoose

dangermoose Is a daddy