Now it's storm Brian

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by morrow, Oct 20, 2017.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

2. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Mother nature is telling us that in her ripe old age....she can still give us a proper ass kicking.

3 people like this.
  3. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Typical sensationalist media hype. Even little kids know that writing all caps equals screaming. You'll get two inches of rain and call it the storm of the century. On monday all will be forgotten.

shock video shows WEATHER BOMB set to BATTER the UK on Saturday

4. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Brexit !!

1 person likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

We are due for snow Monday and Tuesday.
    It's a cool 14° atm.

6. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

I just checked the forecast on the BBC and the max wind for my area over the weekend projected to be 20 MPH. I was going to make some comment about good news for larch lap fencing sales, but that took the wind right out of my sails.

We've always had storms - it's nothing new. The hype over them is new though and typical of what the media has become these days.

1 person likes this.
  7. morrow

morrow Visitor

Maybe it's because I'm right target for it..I will let you doubter's know how it goes...

My local weather forecast for Saturday

Western and southern coastal transport routes and communities are likely to be affected by large waves and spray, with potential for flooding of properties. Some transport disruption is likely across the whole warning area, with delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport. Short term loss of power and other services is also possible, as well as damage to trees.

8. morrow

morrow Visitor

You can blame Michael fish for that!

9. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Again?

10. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Big old oak tree has blown down in the churchyard by us Its so sad to see it lying there Like an old lady fell down and couldnt get up

11. sidsnot

sidsnot Members

who makes up these names last time brian had a storm he ate some mushy peas ...........

12. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

13. WOLF ANGEL

14. WOLF ANGEL

LATEST NEWS: :=
    UK Warnings - Monday 20 November Published at 11:27 - Weather Warning - Issued by the Met Office
    YELLOW WARNING FOR RAIN - NORTH and NORTH WEST ENGLAND - Between 08:00 Wed 22nd and 23:00 Wed 22nd
    Heavy rain expected is across north and northwest England on Wednesday. Spray and flooding on roads will probably make journey times longer. Bus and train services will also probably be affected with journey times taking longer. Flooding of a few properties is possible.