Nexplanon and sex

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by CuriousRedhead, Mar 29, 2018.

1. CuriousRedhead

CuriousRedhead Members

Hey! So I just got Nexplanon (a birth control implant in my arm) today. It is effective for 3 years. The doctor said I have to wait 7 days for it to be effective. My question is, can my boyfriend cum in me once the Nexplanon is effective, or is that risky? The Nexplanon is 99% effective. Should he continue to pull out while I am on this method of birth control for the next 3 years?
    Thank you! :)

2. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

If it is 99% effective than I wouldn't worry about him pulling out--I think the point of hormonal birth control is that you don't have to pull out or use other birth control methods. So relax and enjoy :)

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Do you still want him to pull out? I've pulled out before just so my spunk wouldn't drain out in her panties. :)

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i'm curious why you got on birth control if you don't think that it works as birth control?

5. CuriousRedhead

CuriousRedhead Members

Thank you! That's very true. I guess I just worry too much. :)
    I'd love to try it at least once if he wants to as well. :)
    I've just always been a very nervous person. I didn't know if the 99% effective refers to couples pulling out or not. I'm probably overthinking it too much. :/

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I had one of them in my arm and it stopped my monthlies which was handy I'd get the moods but not the rest. Pointless for me though because I don't sleep with men.