New Psych Graduate With 11 Years of College

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by lostblackdog, Aug 4, 2013.

1. lostblackdog

lostblackdog Member

So, I finally did it. I finished my epic saga across academia and landed on a B.S. in Psychology of Human Services. I spanned nearly every field of study imaginable (feel free to max out your imagination here), and I don't know where to go from here other than graduate school. The problem is that I don't care for research at all. My primary focus has always been related to counseling in the same manner and style as Rollo May and Carl Rogers, and having nearly 3 years of experience doing just that via a state job doesn't help motivate me toward starting this journey all over again. Does anyone know of a way to bypass the formalities of further education in this field and just dive right in to the thick of it?

2. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

These days you're not going to get a counselling job with an undergrad degree. I have this same degree, and I'm going for a master's in social work, so i'm more hands on. i recommend social work if you are interested in helping people this way.