Nevada Marijuana Initiative

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by M4N14C42O, Oct 4, 2006.

1. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

2. M4N14C42O

3. M4N14C42O

4. OstrOsized

OstrOsized Member

That's amazing! I reaaallly hope this passes!!

5. shockseventyfour

shockseventyfour Member

have they taken a poll or anything, what are the odds of it going through? I'm rooting for it!

6. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

If this passes people, I think we are only 10 years or sooner from USA following Nevada.

7. M4N14C42O

8. M4N14C42O

9. M4N14C42O

10. psychedelic goddess

psychedelic goddess ♥Messenger of Love♥

so, how many of us are moving to nevada if this passes?......i have visions of a modern day caravanserai!

11. Mr Fancy Pants

Mr Fancy Pants Member

I live in nevada and i got a thing in the mail with all the voting questions and everything. it has to pass 2 times before it becomes legalized. just thought you would like to know that

12. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

I hope this initiative passes and I wish the people of Nevada the best of luck in their campaigning efforts.

13. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

I'm getting the word out to Myspace nevada folks to vote.

Does colorado have to go through the 2 passes as well to become legalized?

Mike...

14. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

no mike, colorado does not need to be passed twice. If it passes on Nov 7 by a simply majority 50%+1, then one month later pot becomes legal for the most part in Colorado. I'm not 100% on the specifics on this side fact, but there is something about some towns can keep it illegal if they go through a simple process (at least I think thats what i read on the safercolorado.org website).

As for the colorado polls, the no vote is in a slight lead according to the latest pre-voting polls on I saw on this issue but with a large number of undecideds. All pundits on both sides of the issue said it was too close to call at that time. But earlier this week SAFER unveiled some billboards around town "Marijuana: No hangover, no violence, no carbs, vote yess on Amend 44" with a bikini clad owman laying down.

The same poll scenario looks to be the case in Nevada. Too close to call still. http://www.infoimagination.org/ps/drug_war/articles/nrle.html

15. rob1134

rob1134 Member

i hate how stupid some people are by voting no. i had a 20 minute conversation with someone, explaining all the facts to them, and they still think alcohol is 100x better for you and if they could choose, theyd keep marijuana illegal. so retarted....

16. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

wow, I sell my home here in a few months, Colorado here I come if it passes.... :) Man that would be cool..... Laid back coooooooool... ha ha ha...

does colorado have pro commericals too I can watch? I watched the nevada ones, some are really great.... FINGERS CROSSED!!!!! yes...

MIke...

17. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

Mike, I've yet to see an ad on television or the net, for either side of the issue on Amend 44. Hopefully soon something will come. The only paid media i've seen on the issue is that billboard I was talking bout.

18. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

Crazy ya know, I would think NORML would be the folks who would be running the commercials???? What do they take dotantion money for? stickers? air time is what they need, whos paying for nevadas commercials?

Mike...

19. 06thenewsummeroflove

06thenewsummeroflove Member

nevada already has legal gambling and prostitution i hate to say it but reno and vegas will= sadom and gamora (sp?) any state legalizing it is great, but damn nevada already makes tons of money. Vegas is already "sin city" but hey im a Norml kid who wants it legalized everywhere or at least decriminalized.

20. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

i don't know who is running the campaign in nevada, but just from the scope of what they are trying to accomplish, I would guess NORML is heavily involved. However, I haven't seen ANY help from NORML in colorado. The CO effort is being headed by SAFER the same group that got it legalized in Denver last November. And I know SAFER does not have nearly the funds that NORML does.

Although, just becuase I haven't seen/heard of them being involved here, doesn't mean they haven't been.