Neuroplasticity and Developing Siddahs

Discussion in 'Introduction to Hindu Spirituality' started by tehuti, Jun 9, 2011.

1. tehuti

tehuti Member

Are there any people out there interested in or have already developed siddhas?

2. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

A Siddha in sankrit means ''one who is accomplished''. Neuroplasticity talks about rewiring of your brain.

I really don't understand your question.

3. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Do you have documentary correlation?

4. tehuti

tehuti Member

Neuroplasticity is changing the brain to prepare for abilities on the path to siddhas.

5. tehuti

tehuti Member

can u be more specific?

6. thedope

The term is siddhis, not siddhas.

7. tehuti

tehuti Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddha

"A siddha has also been defined to refer to one who has attained a siddhi. The siddhis as paranormal abilities are considered emergent abilities of an individual that is on the path to siddhahood, and do not define a siddha, who is established in the Pranav or Aum – the spiritual substrate of creation."

8. tehuti

tehuti Member

Well I have seen it as both. Why are u knit picking? Who cares about spelling, I am talking about something alot bigger.

9. tehuti

tehuti Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vefh5e05d7A"]YouTube - ‪Meditation is Scientific!‬‏

10. thedope

I am attempting to lend understanding. The distinction between one who does things and the things he does is important as regards the form of your question.
    Why are you being defensive?

What I mean by documentary correlation is do you have encephalograms or other brain imagery that has been recorded in association with specific siddhis events? Better yet, begin with any record at all of siddhis event.

If you are trying to make a connection between electro chemical routes in the brain and paranormal effects presumably caused by someone with special skills, I would say that there is no special wiring arrangement. Focused mental effects are caused simply by consistent focus, much like a magnifying glass can turn sunlight into an incendiary point. Consistent focus then produces resonance or "large" oscillation.

11. tehuti

tehuti Member

Not like I feel like arguing, but what if I said you are not absolutely correct? Is that a possibility? You are telling me that wiring of neurons has no effect on focusing of energy? I would say that focusing that brain, frontal lobe, wiring has ALOT to do with focusing energy. I would contend otherwise...

12. tehuti

tehuti Member

Jesus, Siddharta, not sure why you would say that with such conviction..

13. thedope

Sure I could be wrong. All I am saying is that a special physical growth is not required. The whole brain lights up at one time or another. Ease of passing between disparate states of consciousness may indeed be assisted by the well worn path but anyone can enter those states for a variety of reasons and through a wide range of stimulus.

As far as focus goes, animus animates animal, the thought comes first.

14. tehuti

tehuti Member

duly noted...what I am saying is that coherent brain function allows for fractal wave forms to be detected and decoded, not the only way, but is a way. meditation has allowed for my brain to experience changes in a number of ways I have rarely read about. Kundalini has helped as well. My frontal lobe is active almost 24 hours a day, when before meditation is was dormant and only active during some dream time. In addition, the average person uses the parts of the brain that deal with incoherent functions and only behave in lower order animalistic ways keeping them stuck in physical stimulation. What I am talkin about is curbing that

15. thedope

I don't know what you find me convicted of. From the title of your thread
    I thought you maybe had some new and relevant information on the subject. It appears though you just want discussion relying somewhat on faith.

I have experienced a plethora of synchronous thought/manifestation effects but I have not been able to fully distinguish them from the possibility that I had somehow come to "know things", by virtue of subtle physical cues that I was not overtly aware of. So I discount any lengthy divergence from my overall focus to investigate, siddhis.

That is except to say that siddhis are incidental to focus, not webbed feet.

16. tehuti

tehuti Member

Yea, I am not sure what any of that has to do with me or what I am saying or me and why you are making such mass assumptions based on little of nothing...

17. tehuti

tehuti Member

Could be, are you the utmost authority on the subject?

18. tehuti

tehuti Member

19. tehuti

tehuti Member

yea I'm not much on faith. Everything I do is experience and study...

20. thedope

Okay. Have you access to instrumentation that allows you the biofeedback information you claim. As far as know brain mapping has not come to the point of being able to distinguish the signature for specific thoughts. Where did you come up with your before and after data regarding your own frontal lobe?

I am interested by the term fractal wave forms. I can tell you the more relevant point is it's chrystaline structure, that is a solid containing an internal pattern of atoms, molecules, or ions that is regular, repeated, and geometrically arranged. When you send a pulse through that crystal arrangement, it is always transduced to the same frequency. That is why I say that siddhis are incidental to focus.