Native American Animal Totems

Discussion in 'Animism' started by inbloom, Feb 2, 2006.

1. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

The last few weeks bumble bees have been coming up to me like all the time . They'll just hover right front of my face. Often times I play games with them and they come back lol at first thought I was a bee in a past life or something. Today I'm told it could be my totem, i also have crows seem to be stalking me from time to time too lol but anyways I read this site and totally agreed to the vibe of the bee. So can totem animals actually speak to you? What else can you do with them?

2. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

bees speak with geometry ... they can play with space
    and time and with their flight they can draw you a picture .
    a spiral is high emotion .

crows and ravens can make human speech . but it ain't english .
    it's universal nature language . our very young children speak this .
    if a person has lost the facility , it can be resurrected from the submind
    where it lives . it also survives in some religions as a prayer language .

3. xmas

xmas Member

Offhand I can think of a few spiritual leanings of crows. One is the otherside and connecting to your Ancestors. I think of them as able to cross the veil between life and death, there-fore with respect and nurturing, they might give you gifts of seeing. Mystery, death, the otherside, ancestors, and sometimes omens.

I'm curious if others have more knowledge to share on crows or crow magic?

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You're pretty spot on about crows... In the Northern European traditions crows were the ones that carried souls to the other side of the vale. Similar aspect of having the ability of coming and going between this world, and the next. They are also incredibly intelligent, have amazing powers of speech, so they are valuable teachers. And they are also tricksters. ;)

I have one sitting on her perch right next to me now... getting ready for dreamtime.

5. LoneDeranger

LoneDeranger Trying to pay attention.

Several years ago I came to understand that the heron, particularly the Great Blue Heron, was my first, and I suppose primary, totem animal. Since then, I have formed close connections with many others, including crow.

I believe all animals have much to teach us. The more I study and observe them, the more I am awed by their abilities.

Nature is a wonderful school and I am proud and humbled to be one of her students.

6. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

There is a Great Blue Heron at a park I go to, to walk my dog Grace. Every time I see it, I have to watch it fly until it goes out of my sight. Watching it fly just lifts my soul.

Animals that resonate with me are turtle and wolf. I am more attuned to animals than I am to people.

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

^^^ Same here.