Nap dreaming

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Deidre, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I don't take naps too often but every now and then, if I know I might be out late, I'll sleep for an hour in the afternoon on the weekend. My night dreams are usually boring and the same theme occurs...I'm always looking for someone or something, and never finding it. Or I'm trying to unlock my car and I'm not able to. Extremely annoying dreams. But my nap dreams are always very vivid and filled with positive things and lots of action taking place. Nothing like what I dream at night.

Do any of you experience a difference between nap dreams and ones that happen at night?

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

When I take a nap I can never figure out if slept or not.

1 person likes this.
  3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I don't recall many nap dreams. I think I need to be asleep a while to dream. But I also have "can't find" dreams. For me I am back in school. I know I graduated but I can't find my classes and assignments are due. I am late to them and upset and I usualy wake up when I realize who cares I already passed I don't need to do the homework.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

lol Same. I took a nap this afternoon, and woke up not knowing if it was morning or what. Ugh, why do I bother with naps? :bigcry:
    lol :D It's always nice to wake up from a so-so or bad dream, with gratitude that ahhh, it's just a dream.

This dream is so vivid and funny! lol

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

part of my getting older, and why it probably wouldn't be a good idea for me to get a car,
    is i sometimes start dreaming before i realize i'm falling off to sleep.
    happens sometimes when i'm concentrating on something that takes for ever.
    still doesn't help me remember them.
    it generally wakes me back up when i start to fall out of my chair.

i did have one a few hours ago. i was at a convention of some kind, furry, sf, combined with other things, like county fairs used to be,
    and i ran into someone from another town i had lived previously then the one where the convention was and he was asking me how i was going to spend the night,
    as i hadn't made plans, reserved a room, or even brought a sleeping bag to camp out, but i had figured i'd spend the night awake in the con space,
    which seemed likely they would have something, if not programing, continuing through the night, even though at the time a ran into him,
    it was already after dark and the dealer's room was shutting down.

this was distinctly in my parallel dream world's version of portland oregon, and the guy was headed back to my dream world's version of roseville california,
    and said 'see you when you get back to roseville' when we parted just about the time i woke up to pee, and take care of things on the internet which i'm doing now.

1 person likes this.
  6. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Dreaming before you're fully asleep? That sounds like it could be scary depending where you are. :unsure:

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

only when i'm right here at 'home' sitting in front of this computer.
    but it would certainly be dangerous if i were driving a car.

its something you hear about with older people all the time.
    why we're told not to try to drive for more then a couple of hours at a time.

just some of the things i do on the computer,
    that are totally involving that take longer then that,
    and its not unusual for me to loose track of time,
    and be at them a lot longer then that.

8. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

My naps tend to be fitful and strange. I'll be trying to fall asleep, and I'll be thinking of something, and then that thing becomes a dream at some point. And then it will be a waking thought, and then trail off into a strange direction that could only be taken in sleep. I dunno man, it's bizarre. I kind of like it.