my sons 5 an already touching himself

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by katelin101, May 16, 2010.

1. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

kids do this from infancy. They touch and explore and play with every other part of their bodies (hair, toes, everything!) why wouldn't they explore their junk too?

Just tell him not to do it in public, its fine. He's not going to grow up to be a perv, he's just doing what every single male does their entire lives.

2. HermanDaVermin

HermanDaVermin Banned

I was thinking, You mean "My son is five and I just noticed him touching himself".
    I'm sure he has been "adjusting his stuff" for a lot longer than you might think.
    Agree with everyone else, it's normal and just explain privacy to him.
    A friend of ours showed my wife and I a sonogram video of their son while he was in the womb. It was hilarious because you could clearly see a little hand moving back and forth between his legs...so like I said, he's been touching himself for a long time, you just now noticed :p

3. TheSystemOrange

TheSystemOrange Member

he has a penis of course he is gonna play with it. Come on now. Don't beat his or you will deserve the same.

4. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

You don'T need help. Don't do anything. It's normal, let him be. One thing is for damn sure - make sure you don't make him feel ashamed or embarrassed about it.

5. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

for what it's worth, i'm 25 and still touching myself inquisitively.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm pretty sure beating a kid's ass for touching themselves is what leads to seriously fucked up sexually repressed adults.

7. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

Do NOT hit your kid. Ever.

He's normal. All men are obsessed with their pee pees.

1 person likes this.
  8. Glowstick

Glowstick member

9. charliebrown321

charliebrown321 Guest

let them do it because they won't stop. they will just not do it while you can see him or her or watch them doing it. but do explain that thats something you only do at home. once they discover that it feels good which is at a very young age. from then on they will do it.

10. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

one sentence will solve your problem.

"don't do that where other people can see you"

honestly, i don't believe i was ever needed to be told that as a child

11. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

I remember when I was about six I was in school, walking past a teacher, with my hand itching my crotch. She looked disgusted and furious. "THAT'S not very LADYLIKE!" I was mortified. I didn't understand what the hell the problem was, I just had an itch.

Don't make kids feel bad for doing something perfectly normal. Make sure he knows it's not appropriate in public (simply to avoid situations like the one I found myself in) and leave it at that. It's his body.

12. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

^agreed. And at five years old that's not surprising. My nephew turned two a few months back and he's very fascinated with his own penis, lol.

13. conniemom

conniemom Guest

I have 2 boys of 16, they used to touch themselves at an early age and they seemed to get some pleasure from it. I never tols them it's a bad thing and they turned out just fine. This is a natural behaveiour of humans

14. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

Normal throughout the entire animal kingdom including humans. I have birds. The male birds start masturbating at age three. There's no hope for it. I started masturbating at age five. There was no hope for it. Do not punish him, he will remember it for the rest of his life and resent you for it. Because there's no help for it. As I said and will say a billion times - it's normal, natural, and healthy. His body awareness will make him a more caring person in the long run.

15. RainForest

RainForest Banned

mah this is completely normal. My mom works as an kindergarten teacher and she took me one day so i can see how and what does she has to do. And be leave me every single one is touching themselfe in inappropriate places this is normal if you ask me.

And pleas never ever beat up your children this makes it even worse talk to them and they will understand if you beat them they will even hate you more and will do this on purpose

Good Luck

16. mynah

mynah Guest

Why do people think it's okay to hit a small, defenseless person who is completely dependent upon adults. WTF????

17. ganjabomber

ganjabomber Senior Member

18. freda965

freda965 Members

do not punish him it is normal behavior curiousity for the time being best wishes be well

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Plus if you do whack your kid at 5 for touching himself he's probably more likely to grow up an S&M nutjob

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

fun fact: the kid referenced in the OP is probably discovering actual masturbation this year.