my plant has some mold

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by kayte, May 7, 2006.

1. kayte

kayte Member

i kept it by the window; it has some (just a little) on the underside of some of the leaves. i took it outside. don't know what kind of plant this is, but it has leaves that almost look like a ganja plant. i didn't over water it, and my room isn't too humid. it seems to me that mold could really hurt a plant. what can i do about this?

2. poor_old_dad

poor_old_dad Senior Member

Mold and even dust can hurt plants. Leaves have pores, it's how plants "breath". If enough get blocked, the plant ill suffer. Gently, using a soft cloth, wash the leaves with very diluted dish soap. A drop or two soap in a couple cups of warm [not hot] water.

Peace,
    poor_old_dad

3. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

it could be insects, like aphids or spider mites, causing damage to the undersides of the leaves. the dish soap should take care of that regardless. Many houseplants like to be given showers from time to time.

4. kayte

kayte Member

okay, thanks, i'll try!

5. seaweedyness

seaweedyness Member

once my beans got full of mold, but i only found out till after i threw them away! it turned out the seeds became covered in mold sometime after i planted them, and caused the plant to not grow at all. my poor beans....