My new shortwave

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Pressed_Rat, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

2. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

That's cool. I also have a Grundig shortwave radio, although its a not as good of model as yours. Up in remote sections of the mountains, I have picked up some very strange transmissions on short-wave, I have yet to figure out what they were/are. Do you ever pick up strange stuff?

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Yeah, there are the numbers stations. Then on some of the higher bands you can pick up HAARP transmissions as well.

Of course there is all the bizarre religious stuff, too.

4. Alaskan

Alaskan Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Pressed Rat:

Nice radio, I'm jealous. Have a old Grundig Yacht boy model.
    Put up a linear antenna between the house and the garage, it really helps suck in the stations.
    When I bought the radio it came with a small book called "passport to S.W. radio".
    It lists all the standard broadcasts, times, frequency's and language.
    As I located new stations, I would hi-lite them in the book.
    Check with the dealer you bought it from or get on line. Their handy and fun....
    ............................Dennis.........Alaskan.......................

5. evsride

evsride are you irie?

does this piece of equipment have good potential for emergency communications in time of disaster/termoil? Or could they use things like HAARP to disrupt independent communications portals like shortwave? Does it transmit too?
    Im planning on getting one anyway...it has good potential to be a mode of Minuteman defense communications equipment.

6. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

[​IMG]

85 lbs, 26 tubes, 17 knobs, and a noise floor close to the galactic limit.

Real radios glow in the dark! :)

7. Alaskan

Alaskan Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

evsride: I don't think the HAARP station in Gakona,Alaska could be taken over and foul up Short Wave transmissions. See.....
    http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/haarp/gen.html
    And no, the radios being talked about are receivers only, not transmitters. They are very cool and you can tune in the world.
    Before the NET it was about the only way to get news from other countries without the US spin put on every word.
    I used to listen to a rock and roll radio show on Radio Moscow, with a disc-jockey from Chicago. In English no less.. Check it out.........Alaskan....

8. Wasteland

Wasteland Member

Bump

I just got interested in shortwave. Any tips on stations to look out for? I found The Alex Jones show, Pirate975, and numerous religious stations. I love being able to hear uncensored music on the radio.

9. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

I've been a shortwaver for most of my life.

Used to sit up till the wee hours of the morning listening to Radio Moscow or the BBC. Holidays, I'd scan the ham bands listening to servicemen talk at their families back home on the MARS network. Had quite a few QSL cards when I was a kid.

My first Grundig was an old cabinet model with a green tuning eye. :)

My next radio will be:http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41nTQKmIUTL.jpg

x

10. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds