My hippy assignment

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by MoonShine69, Sep 15, 2005.

1. MoonShine69

MoonShine69 Member

In my english class I am assigned to write a huge paper on a career or way of life. I couldnt think of writing a paper on being a teacher or lawyer or somethin so i decided to make my paper about my interest... being a hippy. I am supposed to focus on hippies being able to stay alive and make a living. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to write about??

2. dawn_sky

dawn_sky Senior Member

3. nesta

nesta Banned

the economics of drug deals, panhandling, and the peddling of veggie burritoes and hemp necklaces outside of jam band shows and festivals

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I wrote a paper on the Deadhead and then-emerging jam band travelling culture.
    I shot pix outside some shows and used VHS tapes I had of Leftover Salmon, plus published commentary ( Deadheads, Rainbow Nation without Borders) I also interviewed musicians who had started in the tour head scene.
    Drop me an e-mail (you get it in the profile. click on a screen name to get to profile.) and I'll share my story of Rennaisance fairs, Cheese tour in the early days, vending at festivals (legitmate vending.) and sleeping in a bread truck. Oh, and getting married at a Rainbow gathering.
    Today, I'm a reporter who gets to write about entertainment and I tour around the Rocky Mountains.