My Friends Are Lame, I Hate To Admit It.

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by jmt, Nov 5, 2016.

1. jmt

jmt Ezekiel 25:17

So I have a pretty small number of friends I constantly hang out with, but over the pass 6 months I notice that I'm the only one that likes to go out at night. They all pretty much have a lame excuse not to go out on a Friday and Saturday night. It's so disappointing. I do have one friend that I met back in February and we kick it hard at night. He has even pushed me out of my comfort zone when it comes to dancing out at clubs and bars. So basically he is my only to go to friend for bars and clubs here in MIami.

I want to make new and more out going friends. Not sure how to do it. I have gone out alone at night but its tough to approach people at times. Some have been cool though.

I personally don't consider myself to be lame since I like trying new things and going out to new areas. As for my friends...it sucks.

1 person likes this.
  2. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Been there in the past. Just keep looking, expand your horizons.
    Some folks are just boring and there's nothing you can do about it.
    Use your imagination, look in the paper or an alternative paper or mag and online for different places or things to do. Hang in there, Rome wasn't built in a week.

1 person likes this.
  3. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Some times - and there are those - when one has complete all one can do within certain parameters - then one must go outside those limitations for expansion of experience and satisfaction - Be Bold, Be Brave, Be Bountiful

2 people like this.
  4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

so jmt goes to miami dance clubs with men?

the avatar makes sense now

1 person likes this.
  5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i thought my friends were lame because all they want to do is go out to the bars every night.

Jukai, Luna Lovesong and jmt like this.
  6. jmt

ROFL!!

Thats Doflamingo Donquixote on the avatar.

7. jmt

I'm game for anything. Day or night I just want to have fun and experience new things.
    I actually went out last night and had my fun alone.

8. Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps Am I being detained?

It is important to stick with what you believe even when you are the only one who believes something. Just kidding JMT. How's it going?

For real, if you want some fun, play disc golf.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Are your friends in relationships? That's the one huge factor I found growing up and growing into or out of friendships are the relationships surrounding those friendships.

I have a partner. I'm 29. I'm not really into hanging out with single people anymore. When it all boils down to it, I'd rather be having or more likely could be having more enjoyment with my partner than my single friends. Single friends get you into trouble too I find, as in breaking the law more often even if it is just for fun but I don't seem to get into trouble with couple friends because we are all pretty level headed and honestly there's just no needs to act like a fuckwit when you have your partner.

So I find relationships change everybody. Male or female.

Also need to ask yourself what they've planned for tomorrow. If I've got something planned then I might not feel like staying out for too long. I know I'm only 29 but I'm well understood that I can't party down like I once could and I honestly don't feel like feeling like shit when I wake up either so that's a factor. :D

I was over socialized all weekend and need a break from people so I'll become "lame" for the rest of the week. :)

3 people like this.
  10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I love being lame and being a homebody now, i find it very comforting. But when I was younger i loved going out and hated being home. Age has a lot to do with it, are your friends nearing or past the 30s threshold? If so they're probably just slowing down.

jmt, magickman and Luna Lovesong like this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah. 30 is the mark lol.

Unless there's something in worth while then yeah, I won't go all out. We go out to the racetrack or a concert or a gig somewhere, different story. Wanna play me all day/night in the pool halls then I'm all for that too. But not like a, let's go for some drinks and end up staying out all night and morning. No spanks. I'd rather have those drinks then go home to my dog and a warm shower. :)

I used to binge drink all the time. Couldn't not. Didn't know how to have a few quiet drinks. Now I'm all about those quiet drinks. :D and a binge night man I think of the next day beforehand.

12. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Not only will they get you in trouble more often, they tend to care less also. Perhaps you should look to older friendship possibilities. This might seem a bit awkward at first, but give it a try. Go with your gut feeling.

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Age is not only a factor in preferring to stay home more often instead of going partyhardy every weekend, it's generally also more difficult to make new friends. Far from impossible though ;) but not as easy as in your teens/twenties

14. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

People look at me in a sad way sometimes when I say I go to a show or game alone. Fuck that...I love it. With the exception of a designated driver I can not think of one negative when it comes to going to shows. I leave when I want I eat where I want I return when I want I stand where I want (I never have to look for someone like I lost my car keys.) Randomly retracing my steps asking people I saw 4 hours earlier "have you seen a 5 foot 9 inch Italian guy with a doflamingo donquixote tattoo?"
    I guess I need a buzz to put up with people for a nite out.

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

25 to 35 years old is prime breeding season for the heterosexuals

I remember about 27, thinking, uh ok, is this it, just the gay guys from now on, I'm only going to keep in touch with hetero friends when someone dies, gets married or has a baby

LOLz

Then about 8 years later, 35, started as a trickle at first, then into a flood, around the time their first born starts to turn into a bratty teen. "Hey, you want to go do this, this weekend" "A bunch of us have organized some lame ass sports thingy for overwieight 30 something married people, you want to join in the fun helping us to get a life"

Then in your 40s you get the swinger set - icky

At 29 you say you find realtionships change people, male or female.....and at the moment it seems all for the better.

LOL, wait for it ;)

1 person likes this.
  16. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

You could have hung out with us divorced guys, the party never stopped ...........

17. jmt

We are in our mid 20s.

18. Luna Lovesong

Luna Lovesong Members

i am only 25 but i have always been anti social. i would prefer to invite one person over and drink than go out. i am just an introvert, as far as your friends go though, do what mine did, leave them behind and go have fun!!

Jukai likes this.
  19. MADDENEDMAN

MADDENEDMAN Members

I'm only just turning 18 and i feel like everyone around me is boring and two dimensional, like anything fun is stupid and will just probably get you killed at the worst. It just seems most people suck

20. Friendly10

Friendly10 Members

I had great friends then I moved do to my job an the people I hang with now are boring..I now go out in the garage by myself an drink beer a build some gas powered thing that I will probably get hurt on. A night out with friends now is drinking coffee play cards no not porker card games an talk about work an someone's kids.