Muslim While Banking

Discussion in 'Islam' started by stormountainman, Sep 14, 2017.

1. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

BS, they had documents to show they just sold a house. The cashier check was a good as gold.

2. stormountainman

Hogwash, the protocols you speak about are for large deposits of cash. This family had a cashier check because they sold their home in Michigan. And they told the banker they did not need to take cash. It was only a deposit. The banker could have done all required verification without calling the cops on them. And the Wichita police now admit they made a mistake. The bottom line here is that White Christian Evangelical Republican types in Kansas do not think Muslims should have money.

3. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

You can't change a bigot's mind. They can only change it for themselves if they choose to seek the light. Most don't because it might confirm the one thing they fear most: that they are wrong.

Forget it Stormy. It's a waste of time.

3 people like this.
  4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

thanks for the links..they are just like i thought

no mention of the bank employees religion

just good facts that explain what really happened

o.p. seems to have added a lot of religious and racist rhetoric into his post and seems to have left out lots of facts like the check wasnt made out to the guy trying to deposit it (names didnt match) and routing info was incorrect so bank employees could not immediately verify its authenticity

edit:ill have to take back the names didnt match comment...the article was written in an awful way and now it says that sattar made a comment about the names

bank employees were right to be suspiscious when the guy says its from a michigan bank but the numbers show cleveland bank routing

2 people like this.
  5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I've had similar issues in the past with banking. I've never been detained.

I think it's fairly obvious what happened here.

Also, this...

6. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

You Didnt post about that one on here ? Link me and I will tell you what I think !

7. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

It didnt happen to Muslims.
    But now they feel victimized about what didn't even happen, or what would potentially happen.

Weird.

8. stormountainman

Thank you Queen. I am so glad there are good people like you in this world. I was just trying to let people know what happened to that family in Kansas. I lived in Colorado for 35 years and drove through Kansas many times. It is a scary place. In gas stations, restaurants, and truck-stops; they have signs up that declare they reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Forty five years ago that meant Negros and Mexicans, today it's Muslims.

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

Do you participate in any Islamic religion traditions or just a social justice warrior for them on the internet.

Chicago put out a good song :Does anybody really know what time it is :beatnik:

10. stormountainman

I participate in a nature based religion like much of the native Americans who believe in the inter-connectedness of all life. I am closest to the Athabascan religion which says the souls of humans travel through the trees in the forest. I have studied Hindu Yana and Bukhti traditions and also Buddhism because of its Shunyatah ritual to clear misconceptions from one's mind. I took 28 credit hours in religious studies in college. My prof was a world respected authority on Zoroastrianism for-which a have a special love. Now, you need to understand that I posted this thread not to sell Islamic ideas; but, to show the unfair treatment that family received from intolerant Evangelicals. They did not have a large amount of cash, only a check which they were willing to leave at that bank until they found a new home. It was their money from selling a home in Michigan. They had the home sales contract with them.They had lived in America for many years and were going to school to better themselves and find work in the engineering field. And, they were depositing money, not taking it out of that bank. How many times have White guys deposited a big real estate check in the bank? Has Trump ever deposited a big check at his bank? Bob Dylan had a good song that said something about a White Dove. Help me remember that one because I am so old.

1 person likes this.
  11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

If a militant, armed group of black, Muslim, or Hispanic men stormed a government building they would not be allowed to remain in the building for weeks and they would not be treated with kid gloves by law enforcement. To acknowledge this isnt playing the victim. It is a simple truth.

2 people like this.
  12. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Our Government has laid this trip on to bank employees; its called Know your customer. They are following the instructions of regulators. Has nothing to do with the attire of the depositor.

Could happen anywhere, not just Kansas.

The Escrow company should have wired the funds into the account. Nobody deposits checks of this size.

1 person likes this.
  13. stormountainman

I like what you said. I would like to point out that the regulators are required to report large amounts of cash. Big check transactions are common and they get reported immediately to the government if they are over ten grand. This family was moving from Michigan to Kansas and did not have a Kansas bank account. So their old bank, or the title company, or the mortgage company could not wire the money to Kansas. They gave them a check. The same thing has happened in my family. I know a guy named Steve who owns 112 houses. He pays with cashier checks and no one has ever called the law on him. Mike Pence is an Indiana real estate lawyer and he owns many properties and he has used big cashier checks. I just bet Trump has used some hefty cashier checks. Al Gore owns some impressive apartment buildings and he paid for them with cashier checks too. Lots of people bring cashier checks to closing.

AS for their attire, the banker who called the law on them reported them as some Muslim terror group. The police detained the entire family, not just the father, for questioning about terrorism and transaction involving terror acts. That was reported on TV, American TV.

14. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well yes. the beat cop is un-qualified to review a closing & escrow statement. It was extremely abusive to call the cops of the Depositors. They have a lawsuit they can make against the bank.

1 person likes this.
  15. stormountainman

Yes, the whole thing was silly. It was started most likely by the bank manager who freaked out because Muslims entered his bank. He's the one who called the law. I'm sure there are plenty of bad Muslims, bad Mexicans, and bad Germens. This family seems to be legit.

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

Nice Wall, you should work for Trump Industries. :sleeping:

17. stormountainman

Care to explain? That sounds like you want to imply something.

18. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Thanks. Even when you or others corrected your post...I still am annoyed by the religious statements by the OP.
    I can be prejudiced against Muslims and not be avengalistic Christian or whatever the fuck spin he is failing to put on the story.

19. stormountainman

OH YEAH, the White Alt Right is so flawless. America is their country. Muslims, Mexicans, all other turban wearers must leave so these Alt Right guys like the former Army guy who vandalized the mosque in Fort Collins Colorado and the former Army guy who used his car to run down and kill innocent people in Charolettesville Virgina came feel safe! These Muslims need to go back to their country and deposit their money in their own Muslim banks. America is exclusively for White former military bigots.

20. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Thanks. Now you are only an ass for this racist post and not the prejudice against religion ones I thought you were.