Most Irritating Forum

Discussion in 'Hip Awards' started by seamonster66, Sep 13, 2004.

1. LostOne

LostOne Member

I would like to say that this forum is pretty fucking lame. No offense to ne one, but this is my vote.

Also, a reply to the comment about potheads and there lack of intelligence. I have smoked for a good 7-8 years and I am (and i say this with absolutley no ego) extremley intelligent. And of the potheads I have met a good 40 percent of them are smart and can hold an intelligent conversation for much longer then thier square counterparts. My theory on this: People blessed (or cursed) with high intelligence are more likley to to take note of the madness we see in our everyday, plastic American lives. Thus the necessity to muddle our perception of reality.

p.s. even though i only have about 8 posts this is like my third profile, so i have been to most forums and have the knowledge to compare them. This, however, is my first time in this one.

2. LostOne

LostOne Member

Upon reading my post, I see that it may come across as being negative. That was not my intention.

I Love you people and I pray you never let go of your hope

3. Mui

Mui Senior Member

I would give my vote to the christianity forum... because im not a christian... and its just all blah. So in return I tend not to visit there... not trying to bash anyone in particular... a lot of the people that post there are intelligent... they just think differently than me...

4. Templedragon

Templedragon Peace through Spirit

This thread really irritates me. Intolerance, bigotry and opinionism rears its ugly head.
    But I would defend your right to diss on other forums, as negative and uber-critical as it may be to do so, he he. There is no forum per se that irritates me, only threads. But I'll stop here so I don't become *entirely* hypocritical and start dissing something other than this thread myself! He he.

-peace, V-

5. Mui

Mui Senior Member

Actually after today I change my vote to the random thoughts forum... its bloody annoying..

6. hiphopforrespect

hiphopforrespect Member

I'm gonna say the whole Marijuana forum. It's cool to smoke here and there, but damn!, either smoke it or don't.

It's absurd that people devote that much time to it. It's a plant like all of the rest on the planet.

Pero eso es justo mis propios dos centavos.

7. Templedragon

I mean not to offend, but with a name like hip hop for respect it's funny how disrespectful that statement is. 700,000 Americans are in jails and prisons for marijuana related offenses. It's almost fascistic to criticise others for choosing to focus their attention on a particular issue or subject, when you undoudtedly have issues and subjects that you devote your time to. Do you see the hypocricy?

I don;t see why it is amusing to diss on somebody's thread or forum. That's purely divisive and is gonna hurt someone's feelings.

"It's absurd that people devote that much time to it. It's a plant like all of the rest on the planet. " In no way is it like all the rest of the plants on the planet, and by that logic, any topic is a waste of time. There is no plant like the cannabis plant on earth. It is inherently unique.

Peace, Viv-

8. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

damn hippies taking shit too seriously, this was meant to be a fun way to let off steam about annoying forums. You could be the most pathcouli wearing, mellow dood, but at some point you are going to get slightly annoyed by something....

If you don't find the mj forum annoying at some point, even after reading 300 threads about waking and baking, then I don't believe you have a pulse.....if you notice, most forums have been singled out at some point in this....my most popular thread ever :)

Edit..now I see, I used to live in Seattle too, people need a little help getting an edge there..try it, you'll like it...you don't have to walk around silent and staring straight ahead all day ;) let it out :p

9. Templedragon

well, you can insinuate that somehoe it is my Seattleishness that makes me uber-sensitive, but that's a crock. I could counter that you are too sensitive because you started the thread to criticise others but can't take it when it's your thread that is the subject of criticism, he he. Look man, I'll cop to being too sensitive, and perhaps I should chill. I see the question not too far from "what color of skin annoys you" or "what religion really ticks you off"...I know the comparison is not fair, it's just a light hearted swipe at poking fun at some threads or forums, but that's the way I take it...intolerance and insensitivity to the person starting the forums.

But the truth is I read the thread and post (about pot) after just coming back from meeting with a family who has the father doing 10 years no chance of parole for growing some bud for his wife, who has multiple sclerosis. 10 years in prison, hard time, broken family, terrible pain and suffering. I work in the field of pot law reform, for 20 years, so it ticked me off that soneone would make the statement that talking about the issue is stupid and cannabis is "just like any other plant on the planet". Then don't read the freaking thread, it's that simple.

I was shocked when my inbox was stuffed full of replies about which incense people liked. I thought it was inherently silly. (see, ya got me here man, I admit it). But I wouldn't go and insult the person who started the thread in public, because it matters to them. So I just deleted them and ignored it all.

It's not your fault that some poor slob is doing ten years in prison for pot, and I aplogize if I allowed external things to influence my reaction... but if ya can dish it out, ya better be able to take it. So chill man, what's the fuss? Eh? He he.

I am older, and from Seattle, and sometimes I smoke pot, so I don't understand folks dissing on each other, or being vulgar and insulting to others because they don't have to look them in the eye. I try to do and say things online that I would do and say if the person was standing before me. Sometimes I fuck up, I am certainly not saintly in any form...shit man I am a wild assed bastard. I just try to be kind, so expect my panties are gonna get bunched up quite often, cause it ain't a very kind world we live in. I apologize in advance for my demeanor.

I notice that the name of this site is not hippie planet, so it is not fair for me to expect anyone to act my version of what I think a hippie might be, even though I personally am a lifelong hippie. Some people think it's hip to rip on everyone and everything around them. So be it.

But if that's the case, I simply deserve the same right to criticise when I feel like it. That's exactly what my reply was. Take it or leave it. As us stoned out hippie type Seattle people sometimes say..."it's all good". Just chalk it up to my hippie-ocricy.

That said, I ain't got the time to list every thread I think is silly, rediculous, juvenile or downright stupid, but I wouldn't want to anyway.
    Peace and freedom of speech!
    -v-

P.S. silent and staring straight? Dood, we had wto here. we is uber-intense and all jacked up on coffee! :)

10. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

sea, i gotta say, any man that has looked like this in his life deserves a break. 'cause i'm shallow like that. ;) nice gallery, templedragon, it's really interesting. you're a cool looking man. i totally got a kick outta your hair band days. i'd have posted this in the gallery, but i can't log on there.

11. mynameiskc

haha. you visit there more than i do. yeah, Random thoughts, though i spend all my time there, is really annoying. i don't know why i love it so.

12. Templedragon

Hey man, that's not fair....posting my ugly mug up on here! below the belt!! lol

Just wait, life might do the same thing to you that it's done to me! you New mexicans are all the same...you're all different! :)
    peace, v-

13. mynameiskc

especially when we're in colorado!

no, i really like that picture. i think it's beautiful. i'd hit it.