Morning Person?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Running Horse, Dec 5, 2018.

?

Are you a morning person?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Fuck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  1. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

I am. Or so I've always been told

2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

When I wake up feeling good, yes. And I usually do these days cuz I got stuff sussed.

Running Horse likes this.
  3. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

The best I ever felt I was in bed at 8-9pm and up at 4-5am.

I intend to get back into that habit at some point.

Orison and Running Horse like this.
  4. My sleep schedule's been fucked up lately.
    The best I ever felt was when I went to sleep at 23ish, and woke up at 6-7.
    It is what it is though. I have no regrets.
    I might go back to it some day though.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm up most evenings through to afternoon. Even if I do sleep through or at a normal time and I wake up I'm okay though because bacon and stuff for breakfast and coffee..

I'm much more grumpier right before bed when I'm tired and if I'm laying in bed and have to hear banging it's just the worse it'll really set me off lol. Wake up without a thought of it though.

Slamming doors. There the worst. I think it's mostly my sensitive ears due to tinnitus but when someone slams a door, that really pisses me off.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I am. I'm most energetic in the mornings. I usually wake up on a level 10 and annoy everyone around me. Then I go into a slump in the late afternoon, thats the worst time for me. And usually get a burst of energy at night a couple hours before I go to bed.

But I struggle getting out of bed, but once my feet hit the floor i'm good to go.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That's a weird thing with the energy lol because sometimes I get a burst of energy right before bed.. But, I guess I also usually have a mouthful of lollies too before lol. But then, after I carry on a bit I fall asleep pretty good.

8. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Not really a morning person but my job has me up early. The ideal schedule for me would be to start work at 10 am. :oops:

9. When would you finish though?

If it were up to me, I'd start working at 7 and be done with it early, and enjoy the rest of my day.
    I love mornings, but then I'd enjoy my relaxing mornings on weekends.

gentlesenior likes this.
  10. gentlesenior

gentlesenior Members

Good morning morning people. I'm a morning person, watch most sunrises. Don't use an alarm clock unless I have to wake at 4 or 5. good sunrise this a.m.

11. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Noon? Lol Seriously, I would probably be super productive in just those two hours, but it’s a tough sell to bosses, I bet. :oops:

As it stands, this is my schedule but involuntarily. I’ll say there is something special about the early morning hours than other times of the day.

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  12. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Sleep experts say we shouldn’t need to be awakened by an alarm clock so you are doing something right :)

13. gentlesenior

gentlesenior Members

I use to set my clock but always woke up before the nasty sounds emerged from the clock. So I stopped setting the clock. I had to make the morning train which only came once every 45 minutes and only missed it a few times over the years

Deidre likes this.
  14. I'm one of those people that wake up a few minutes before their alarm goes off.
    But I don't dare to not set it. Just in case.

15. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No, no, no.

My body does not function well after sleep.

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

When I work I prefer to start early in the morning. When I don't work my routine instantly shifts at least 2 hours later. Mostly because I enjoy staying up late. I don't hate mornings, just prefer going to bed late when circumstances let me

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it's more important for me to have a consistent sleep schedule than to be up at any particular time. i've had jobs where i get up early and jobs where i sleep until 3pm; as long as i'm sleeping the same hours every night/day i'm pretty much ok with it.

that said, i tend to be most energetic in the afternoon, no matter which sleep schedule i'm on.

i usually go into work at around 10. my finish time varies quite a bit, but probably around 6:30-7 on average. but it's no different than when i worked from 7 to 3:30-4 on average. i just go to bed later and sleep later in the morning, i still have the same amount of day to enjoy after work (although there is less daylight, that is the one downside).

i'm one of those people that wakes up an hour before my alarm goes off, and finally falls back asleep 10 minutes before it goes off.

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I usually wake up about 5 or 10 minutes before my alarm clock goes off - just close enough to piss me off

I love the feeling of waking up an hour before and snuggling back into the covers and going back to sleep

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  19. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I never use an alarm. I seem to have one hardwired in my head.

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i actually usually don't use an alarm either. i don't really have set hours at work and i usually wake up at about the same time every day anyway, so i just get ready and go in whenever i wake up. but a couple times a week i have a meeting or something that i have to be on time for, so i put on an alarm for those days.

it's weird, even if the alarm is set for 10 minutes earlier than i would naturally wake up, it's 10 times harder to get up with the alarm, and i feel tired all day.