&%@#$ Mormons

Discussion in 'Cults' started by Levi, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Levi

Levi Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yesterday I was doing some yard work and my 'No Soliciting. Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons, THIS MEANS YOU!' sign got wet and I took it down.

Well, they must have been lurking, just waiting for the sign to fall, because today they showed up. I was starving and I was about to eat and I was NOT in the mood. I came to the door and I saw them standing on the other side of the screen door and I explained that my sign had gotten wet yesterday, assured them that I would make a new one, and explained, calmly, that I really didn't want to talk now.

"We'd just like a minute of your time to share the good news of-"

"I said no. I don't want to talk to you. Goodbye."

"We just want to talk."

I pointed to the number on my door and I said, "Do you see this number? Remember it. If you are ever interested in leaving your cult and you need some help, I'll try to help you. Until that day, don't come back to this address."

"Do you know what a cult is, Ma'am?"

"Yes, I do. Go away."

"What do you think a cult is?"

"A group of people who all hold the same irrational beliefs without questioning, who dress alike, and who aren't allowed to hang out with people who aren't in their cult. Get off of my porch and out of my yard."

"Where did you get that definition, Ma'am?"

I looked them up and down. "It's an observation I've made."

"We just want to talk to you..."

"Look at these numbers," I said, pointing again to my address, "don't you people have a list of hostile people like me who don't want you to come to their houses?"

"No."

"Make one and put me on it! Now get off of my porch and out of my yard. Right now."

Then one of the little punks, I kid you not, says, "You don't have to have an attitude about it."

I got angry. I went outside. Now we were all standing on my little, tiny concrete porch, face to face. I yelled, "Get off of my porch and out of my yard NOW, asshole. You're tresspassing."

"I am leaving. I just want to talk to you. And you shouldn't use that language in front of your kids." He didn't move, though.

"Do I have to call the cops? Go! Now!" I said. Then I chased them out of my yard.

As they walked away the more obnoxious one said, "You really need an attitude adjustment."

When they left I got the phonebook out and ended up talking to one of their bishops. I described the boys and their behavior. I said that when strange men refuse to leave my yard, I have every right to call the cops. I said that they smarted off to me and refused to leave. He said they'd be "reprimanded".

I'm making a new sign tonight. I'm looking for the URL of a good website about leaving your destructive cult, even though I read tonight that they're not allowed to use the internet. I want to put the URL on my No Soliciting sign.

I had a talk with my kids, too, about how to spot a Mormon and what to say them if they're approached.

Fucking asshole Mormons.

You know, the only reason they get away with this is because of the way they look. If a bunch of hippies or dreads went door-to-door hassling people the National Guard would get involved.

2. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

were they on bikes?

3. Levi

Levi Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

No, they weren't on bikes.

Now the signs on my doors say

NO SOLICITING
    NO MORMONS
    NO JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES
    YES FREEDOM TO THINK FOR YOURSELF

I always knew that Mormons were weird, and I had read about Joseph Smith and his whole story in a newspaper article, but it wasn't until I went looking for a helpful website that I learned even more bizarre stuff. They can't read stuff that's not approved, for example.

Also, I assumed they travelled in pairs so there'd be a witness if someone just lost their patience and got rid of one of them, but no. It's so that they can supervise each other so they don't go astray while they're out in the world.

For a moment, I wished I belonged to the NRA. Or at least had one of their stickers.

4. happykoala

happykoala Member

hate to say it but some of the nicest people I know are Mormon....

5. heron

heron Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I know a mormon, she uses the internet.

Its funny, we are all pagan, her husband is pagan
    and she is adopted into our tribe.

Shit, maybe the cant use the net, cause im sure
    hanging out with pagans is a no no too.

6. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

That's because hippies and dreads purposefully look the way they do to show their non-conformity with the norms of society. Since the norms of society are peaceful coexistence, purposefully looking different makes the people who purpusefully look the same to make others comfortable feel like the person who looks like a hippy does it to make them feel uncomfortable.

Mormans are trying to help people out, however misguided they are. People like you are the problem, those who react violently to another without understanding that they are trying to make you happier. Yeah, you are ugly and different, but this is just because you reject the love of society and choose the counter-culture because of your hatred for society. Should society respect your hatred or eliminate you?

I, for one, welcome our new hippy overlords... :p

7. heron

I dont look like I do to show non-conformity. I look the way I do because
    that is the way I look.

8. Fjolnirsson

Fjolnirsson Member

Why?

9. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

To scare them off maybe.

Never knew about the internet thing, I know a few mormons through another forum. They're perfectly nice people, took me a while to realise they were even religious and that's only cause they 'fessed up'. Same with me being pagan, so hmm fair play.

We don't tend to get mormons and such around here much, but then Britan is pretty secluar. My parents just refuse to answer the door to them, or let my brother because he sociable and a bit gullible.
    I've talked to a few, just out of genuine curiosity and to humour them. Then gone away chuckling about 'do not suffer a witch to live'. If it bothered me I'd just say 'no thank you' and shut the door/walk away.

Know they have some crazy stuff going, but I guess that's true of all religions. Wouldn't necessarily call them a cult.

10. feministhippy

feministhippy Member

Mormons aren't so bad. It's their missionaries I don't like. Same thing with Catholics and most Protestants (though I don't deny the fact that Fundementalists really get to me). I've known enough in my life to know that as individuals, they are usually quite lovely. The problem is they are taught that they must "spread the word". Which is fine, I guess, but that doesn't mean you get to stand on my doorstep after I told you I'm not interested. How about the 614th commandment "Thou shalt not be an asshole"? Okay, so I made that one up, but I think it would be a wonderful addition.

Jehovah's Witnesses really bother me because I've been told by many that because my family is Jewish, I am single handedly to blame for the death of Jesus. Okay, maybe they didn't exactly blame me personally, but it sure as hell feels like it. And I do take it very personally, even though I'm not very religious, and I do not consider myself unreasonable in doing so.

Now, I know many Christians share that belief, but most are smart enough to keep their mouths shut about it around me. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that perhaps I might not only find that insulting, but I'd be so insulted that I'd be even less likely to want to listen to them as they try convert me.

11. feministhippy

feministhippy Member

By the way, why don't you have your sign laminated? It'll stay up longer.

12. pabsy

pabsy Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

The problem with door to door preaching is that its an invasion of privacy... if its out in the street you can just walk on by...

I sympathise with Levi.... requesting that you neither have the time or inclination to talk should be imediately respected... and staying on your property is trespass...

I am not a christian....but i understand that part of the doctrine is 'seek and you shall find' i dont take that to include harrassment.

To me helping people is all about giving... wether thats in time...physical effort or monetary.... it just isnt about forcing ones personal beliefs on another....

13. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i've always found a short but sincere "fuck off" to work quite well gettin' rid of them :)

14. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

Wow, I just tell em the truth about God and they run away. I quote the bible at them, tell them they are messengers of Satan, and they don't come back.

I am really friendly about it too. My girlfriend says I am totally evil when I start sifting mormons or JW's like wheat....

15. heron

I used to get pissed that i kept missing the JW's, so my wife
    set up an appointment for them.

I invited my friend over.

We talked, told them about paganism and our gods.
    They offered to pray, we told them go ahead, so we
    all just hung out and talked while they prayed.

My wife dipped my friend and I our supper, and we told
    the JW's "Oh dont mind us, keep talking." So we ate
    and listened then told them to leave, of course never offering
    them food or drink.

16. SaraiLoruhamah

SaraiLoruhamah Member

Why not offer them food or drink?

17. heron

because i was going out of my way to be rude and torturous, they wanted to
    be there, so i let them, but continued my day as if they werent.

18. I was once interrupted by mormons while masturbating. It was embarrassing.

Bilby likes this.
  19. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

this is a fun thread. i really dont care much for mormons, except maybe on an individual basis, but get them together and they seem to be politely trying to out do eachother in being proper and pious, and its all faked. then you get into what they actually believe and its a friggin joke. theyre definately a cult. im all about bein down with christians and bein down with pagans and bein down with diety of your choices, but man i cant stand cults.

20. Does anyone ever get pamphlets like these from the Jehovah's witnesses?

[​IMG]

If their idea of heaven is a bunch of people living off the land, being friendly and picking fruit, why don't they just put all their money together and buy a farm.

Because we're all imperfect sinners incapable of living without money and in harmony right? God they are a bunch of twats, haven't they heard of communes.