Microwaves

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Dude111, Jun 15, 2014.

1. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The damage can be done when water and fats heat up at different speeds. It is the same as ice cream left in a freezer but exposed to light. The fat molecules convert the light into heat and bacteria can thrive.

2. wilsjane

Early military microwaves were death traps. Their was no proper screening, door seals, or door interlock. Soldiers probably opened the door to check the food of even cooked with the door open.

David0301 likes this.
  3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Midi chlorians

4. wilsjane

Used incorrectly, microwaves can destroy food, the only problem is that unlike when you burn food in a pan, you cant see the damage. One of the worse things is defrosting food on a high setting. I use the microwave mainly for heating food, rather than cooking it.

One thing that I think is a scandal, is the chain restaurants who have complete roast meals delivered to them already on a plate, then use a 10 kw microwave to heat them seconds before serving them to the customer. Some of these places neither have a chef or a kitchen. I always have an amusing mental image of a customer complaining and asking to see the chef. No doubt the waiter would reply, "one minute sir, while I call him over from China".

Back to domestic microwaves. Think of it like a carpenter, He may have a hammer in his tool box, but you would not expect to see him using it to insert screws or fit the glass into a window.

From a safety in use aspect, modern microwaves are fully screened and fitted with door interlocks. Some people still seem to worry, despite the fact that they have a string of mobile gadgets in their pocket and hold their phone against their head while it is receiving and first stage amplifying a signal at 19 GHz. No wonder their brains are cooked.

GLENGLEN and David0301 like this.
  5. David0301

David0301 Members

microwaves destroy/change the molecular structure of the atoms that make up "food". I thought you knew that wilsjane. It is not bogus or rumour . It is official. Everybody can read how microwave ovens work. So please dont try to trivialize its dangers. Microwave ovens kill your food first and then you (slowly) . What more proof do you want? jeezzz

6. David0301

David0301 Members

MANN that was such a great post of you! i learned something new again from you. "restaurants microwave their pre-packaged meals" . I have always known that something fishy is going on behind the curtains of restaurant. Totally makes sense. i have already started spreading these words. word. namaste my sifu

wilsjane likes this.
  7. wilsjane

Like so many things, it is not that simple. Molecular structure is quite difficult to alter and nothing would give me greater pleasure than putting a few barbecue briquettes in the microwave and ending up with a diamond.
    I use a Siemens microwave which has showerwave technology that is far better distributed than from a simple turntable. While expensive (£700) it is worth the money and does far less damage to food. As I mentioned earlier, it is not in frequent use.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  8. David0301

David0301 Members

i understand.
    at the same time it puts me in awe .
    because i have never expected a highly educated scientist like you to use microwave ovens. it is the educated people, doctors etc that i see not owning a microwave oven.

i know you use it seldomly
    but as soon as microwaves cause food to heat up it is because of the friction of the atoms they cause to move rapidly. im sure you know that. so please use it less often.

9. Asmodean

10. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

If you want to empty an entire floor of cubicles and get a break from work, simply microwave a bag of popcorn, for 10 minutes!

11. Asmodean

Lol Sounds great at first, but won't they find out afterwards and connect some consequences to it?
    If it can't be traced back to you personally, then yes: carry on! :D

12. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Of course they have microwave ovens. With thier profession and the hours they work which can be demanding, they got to heat of thier food when they get home late somehow.

13. Asmodean

Plenty of doctors and scientists use microwaves too lol. It's a bogus statement.
    Some might even use it in an unfavorable way. But as has been pointed out and properly explained in this thread: if you use it in the recommended and responsible way a mirowave is not dangerous, just very handy and convenient.

edit: same with chefs in good restaurant kitchens. But here it is worthy to mention microwaves are overly used a lot too in mediocre (and even plain bad) restaurant kitchens...!

14. David0301

David0301 Members

the
    they heat it on fire brah, fyah fyah boom!
    i have seen that with my own eyes, they refuse to have microwave ovens. fFor a good reason.
    Besides that: renouncing microwave ovens also make you loose lots of weight. Many people report to me that they lost weight once they ceased using mw to heat up their food. There you have it : Another golden treasure chest for you people to come and benefit. I dont benefit. ciao

15. Eric!

Thanks for the gumball Mickey

image.jpeg

Asmodean likes this.
  16. David0301

David0301 Members

ur welcome.
    but mickey aint me bro,
    mickey is user @rollingalong ,
    his profile pic is mickey gone bad, thats why i called him mickey (first), yo,
    also: "eheheheh" is my laughter bro, i have seen you a couple times using my copyrighted laughter as well. Get your own laughter dawg :tongueout:,

cheers:wink:,
    david

17. Eric!

I use them all bro, I use them all:)

18. David0301

David0301 Members

well ...then say hello to your new mickey :sunglasses:
    every now and then i will throw some gumballs out for you to chew :tonguewink:

19. wilsjane

Here is something for you to get your teeth into.
    An image of London's post office tower in 1965 and how it is today since buildings such as the shard have been constructed and police helicopters are in use. As you can see, all the microwave transmitters have gone, so perhaps Babylonian big brother has got tired of cooking my brain..LOL. bt_tower2003.jpg tower2017.jpg

20. David0301

David0301 Members

wao , that is londons post office tower interesting, why did they put so many microwave transmitters on it in the 60s?
    Im glad they removed it, hahahah "babylonian big brother" that was funny, looks like you learned something new :tearsofjoy: , i told ya babylon will fall ,

good night wilsjane,
    david