Med Side Effects

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by crispy91, Sep 19, 2017.

1. crispy91

crispy91 Member

I recently got accepted into a clinical trial for my PTSD. The trial is for the drug vortioxetine. At first, I actually did experience relief of my symptoms. But I slowly started to feel like I was getting more and more irritable. I began to level off with my symptoms kind of gone but not all the way. So the Dr doubled my dose. But now, I feel like i am extremely irritable. My flashbacks have to begun to come back en force. I feel like I'm tired and irritable all the time, and at the drop of a hat. I'm scared, and I feel like absolute shit. I'm honestly debating getting off this med and out of the program.

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

If there is a very overt side effect, then I would say the drug isn't working. Are you ordinarily irritable?

3. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

sounds like that Dr doesn't know what the fuck he's doing. Back off of it and see if you can get another healthcare provider to address this with. If you know what it's doing to you, listen to your body and your mind, and NOT use it until you've seeked the appropriate medical attention to address this.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Known side effects...

5. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Imho, doubling the does may have had more to do with testing out the effects of the drug than serving your best interests.

I'd recommend reporting the problems you are having. You should probably cut the dosage back down, but it's important to do this under the advice of a doctor, since cutting back on meds suddenly can produce problems in some cases.

If the doctor doesn't work out a schedule with you for reducing the dosage, I'd recommend seeing another doctor who is not associated with the study.

1 person likes this.