Mass Shooting At Church In Texas

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Aerianne, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  2. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

Sad, really, really, sad!

At least the perp is dead!

Aerianne likes this.
  3. deleted

deleted Visitor

can anyone confirm this person as the shooter .. 4chan made this claim earlier Chris Ward

4. Aerianne

orison319 likes this.
  5. Aerianne

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

America has serious issues

snowtiggernd and Tyrsonswood like this.
  7. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

What disturbs me the most is that I'm barely phased by it. "Damn, another one?" That is my reaction, ugh.

I feel like reality is glitching harder than usual lately.

Meliai and Irminsul like this.
  8. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Get used to it...this is the new America.

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The suspect has been identified as 26-year-old Devin Patrick Kelley, sources tell CBS News.

Authorities on Sunday only identified the suspect as a young white male. They said he was dressed in all black and tactical gear when he opened fire at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs. After a car chase with police, the suspect was shot and declared dead. It's unclear if the suspect shot himself or if he was killed by a resident.

The shooting left at least 26 people dead and 20 others injured in what Texas Gov. Greg Abbott described as the worst mass shooting in his state's history.

What we know about the Texas church shooting suspect

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I have something to say about the name Blankstein, but I have chosen to keep my big mouth shut. :)

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Get rid of your guns you morons, seriously

12. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

If there is an average of one mass shooting every day in the United States, and nobody is allowed to discuss gun policy right after a shooting because it is insensitive, then I guess you're stuck with this shit for the foreseeable future.

Meagain, Meliai and Tyrsonswood like this.
  13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

That seems to be their plan...

eggsprog likes this.
  14. morrow

morrow Visitor

I think in this day and age, with the mentality of young people.. this is sad, but will become more and more..
    But what do I know, I live on a small island. That has a zero tolerance of guns on the streets.. but even here, it happens, the zero guns makes it a lot less though, I think I prefer our way

15. Aerianne

16. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I feel like it's a horrible thing. How unfortunate that we live in a place where this sort of thing happens so regularly.

17. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

It appears that the killer was released from the military with dishonorable discharge. In most cases, it's illegal to on any kind of gun like that with dishonorable discharge. Many who knew him said he was a total creep.

In instances like this, I sometimes hope the perp survives so they can at least do a psychoanalysis of a living criminal to get real answers. Rather than rely on their life history and testimony of others. So we can get a better understanding of what leads people to do this kind of thing.

But at least the taxpayer doesn't have to pay for his room and board.

18. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

So no one shot the guy dead? He died when he rolled his vehicle off the road?

19. Aerianne

I'm pretty sure he was shot dead.

20. Aerianne

The Air Force fucked this thing.

The conviction of the gunman, Devin P. Kelley, for domestic assault on his wife and infant stepson — he had cracked the child’s skull — should have stopped Mr. Kelley from legally purchasing the military-style rifle and three other guns he bought in the last four years. But that information was never entered by the Air Force into the federal database for background checks on gun purchasers, the service said.

Also, he was going after his wife's family.

“The suspect’s mother-in-law attended this church,” Freeman Martin, a spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety, said during a news conference Monday morning. “We know that he had made threatening texts and we can’t go into detail into that domestic situation that is continuing to be vetted and thoroughly investigated.”

Air Force Error Allowed Texas Gunman to Buy Weapons

Also, he had shot himself but they don't know if his bullet killed him or the citizen shooting at him killed him.