Marijuana/Lung Cancer link disproven?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by EllisDTripp, Jul 25, 2005.

1. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

http://www.mapinc.org/tlcnews/v05/n1065/a03.htm?158

2. AbloodmoneyA

AbloodmoneyA Member

I'll stick to common sense and keep believing that putting any type of smoke into your lungs is harmful. The thing is even for potheads you don't smoke as much pot as you do cigerettes. A long time smoker will smoke a pack, maybe 2 packs a day. How many times do you reguarly smoke 40 joints in one day?

3. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Good stuff. There are studies out there that show the possibility of THC shrinking tumors, and aiding immune responses. Nothing conclusive, but tantalizing.

4. Bassist

Bassist Gate crasher!

Any type of smoke you inhale is bad for your lungs...

5. Duskfallsonme

Duskfallsonme Member

Eh, whats to complain about? That something doesnt cause cancer for a change?

Sure putting smoke into your lungs can cause problems, so can drinking beer. So can driving a car. Its life, live it the way you want to.

6. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Duskfallsonme, yeah, that's basically how I look at it. Sure, I avoid the real dangerous stuff (heroin, drag racing, skydiving...though i'm open to the last one, haha), but life is dangerous. Shit, Big Industry (here and abroad) has put so many chemicals into the air, water and ground that we live in a virtual chemical cocktail of carcinogens. They even put mercury into vaccines for children, causing autism. Fuckin a, we're always at risk; I say, I might as well have some fun while I'm at it, and weed is a part of that. :D

7. deadhead123654

deadhead123654 Banned

seriously who cares... if u wanted to be extremly healthy then i dont think that u would be smoking pot to begin with... if pot doesnt cause lung cancer thats great, but thats not wat i worry about everytime i light up