Marijuana Legalization

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by drawinginblank, Jan 28, 2014.

1. drawinginblank

drawinginblank Member

Okay so I'm pretty sure many post such as this have been made, but I thought I express my feeling towards the legalization of marijuana.

So I do smoke but not every often.
    But I feel that even if I never smoked, the fight against marijuana just really is not worth it.
    Instead of using money from taxes for all those who've got some jail time for having possession of marijuana, the money could obviously go to something more beneficial in a community.

And I overall feel like being high from a little cannabis is not really a bad thing. I'd argue that for most part, it's safe.

I'll try not to make this post too long but this is mainly how I feel about the subject.

2. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

For some reason there are some that think that it is wrong to alter ones consciousness...what a bunch of bullshit

3. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

preaching to the choir

maybe go talk to your state Representative

4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Hip Forums Has A Choir..:eek:.. I Didn't Realise This Place

Was So Classy, Now I Feel Really Out Of My Comfort Zone...[​IMG].

Cheers Glen.

5. JimTripp

JimTripp Guest

I'm with Bob Marley on this one, Legalize it.:afro:

6. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

And I wonder how many of those people have no problem with getting drunk. :confused:

7. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

getting drunk alters consciousness to the negative, weed can be a positive spiritual experience. for the same reason they flouridate the water....

8. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

The biggest problem with legalization, is the difficulty in determining whether or not a person is under the influence while driving. I smoked nearly 2g of legal weed this past weekend, and I could technically be charged with driving under the influence until it's out of my system. It's perfectly legal to smoke it, but the lack of ability to easily test thc levels (like an alcohol breathalyzer), makes it essentially illegal to ever drive if you smoke even once a week.

9. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

My town, near Boston, has just given a permit for our first medical weed dispensary. Might open this summer just as my glaucoma is acting up.

10. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Wouldn't a sobriety test designed for thc intoxication be adequate?

11. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

You would think so, but the government loves standardization. They'll want a law that states driving limitations just like with alcohol.

12. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, legalize it already...Alcohol is legal and IMO, worse.

13. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

It's my understanding that standard drug tests test for THC metabolizes and that is the reason they can detect use for such a long period of time. When they are testing alcohol levels for a suspected DWI they test for alcohol itself, not metabolites of alcohol.

There is a test that tests for alcohol metabolites that can be used to detect alcohol use for up to 5 days afterwards but they don't use this to test to see if ur actually intoxicated, it's sometimes used for probation tests.

All they would have to do is test for THC levels itself, to see if ur actually high at the time. Not metabolites.