Marijuana Is Weak

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by LSDSeeker, Apr 16, 2005.

1. LSDSeeker

LSDSeeker Member

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal about marijuana is. If anything, the prohibitionist attitude makes kids want to use more marijuana.

In Amsterdam I smoked a couple of bowls of pot mixed with hash, and the effect was minimal. I even ate a whole cake with 1 gram of hash, and all it did was give me a slight buzz. And no, I don't smoke weed very often. Alcohol has given me much stronger effects.

I remember in high school the way marijuana was vilified. For Christ's sake, it's just a plant, and a pretty mild one at that.

In high school I remember taking some "krippy" -- hydroponically grown stuff -- and seeing trails, but that's the last time I ever had any really strong effects. Smoking with an ex upon her insistence temporarily wasted my memory, but alcohol is no less intoxicating given sufficient amounts.

My view is that marijuana is way overrated and that it should be legal, just like alcohol.

In fact, they should drop the minimum age requirement for alcohol: if at 18 you can marry, pay taxes, and fight in the armed forces, why can't you buy a beer?

2. Scholar_Warrior

Scholar_Warrior Be Love Now

Amen brother! Er, um, or sister. ( I didn't notice which)

The thing you apparently have not considered is that laws are not made to benefit the masses, but rather to benefit the few power possessing beings "at the top" so to speak. The ones who make the laws are not really bound by them.

3. humandraydel

humandraydel Member

You used to be able to...

But you're right, marijuana is far less intoxicating than alcohol...

4. OnDemand

OnDemand Member

Yea but weed has better after effects for me then beer.

5. element7

element7 Random fool

Observation that the alcohol industry is one of the biggest opposition to decrim/legalization of Marijuana. Gee wonder why?

6. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

quote: Observation that the alcohol industry is one of the biggest opposition to decrim/legalization of Marijuana. Gee wonder why?

Beats the hell out of me, the two go so well together

7. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

i got a lot bigger effects form weed then booz, booz i get stupid and dizzy thats it, weed my thoughs are crazy i get creative and my reality changes kind of dreamy the effects are alot more visonary then stupid

8. Skoozy

Skoozy Member

I agree.. I smoke pot because it has a mild effect.. I can function on it normally and no one has a clue.. Where as, if I ate mushrooms or drank tequila, I'd get fired..

If I was allowed to make the laws,, I'd lower the drinking back to 18, Like it was when I was a kid.. BUT, I would raise the driving age to 21 - Unless you were employed, a student, or the only liscensed driver in your household..

9. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

dont you think most people would fall under the latter case?

10. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

in fact dont you think most people would fall into any or all of the three cases between being 18 and 21?

11. Skoozy

Skoozy Member

The point being.. It would cut down on the 15 to 21 year old element that are young and dumb.. The only one under 21 allowed behind the wheel would have a degree of responsibility to them because they are a student or holding down a job....

12. LSDSeeker

LSDSeeker Member

The reason for this is because the prohibitionist attitude toward alcohol persists very subtly in the U.S. For example, in the U.S. there are still laws which limit at what hours one can buy alcohol. In other countries this is not the case.

Because alcohol is considered a drug and, like marijuana, has been vilified by anti-drug and alcohol restrictionist activists, companies selling alcoholic drinks have tried to distance themselves from other drugs by pointing out the supposed absurdity of comparing alcohol with drugs like cocaine, heroin, and even marijuana.

The probably think they are gaining credibility by opposing the legalization of marijuana.

13. ElChivato

ElChivato SeNioR MeMBeR

i do think it's overrated, but i've only tried it once and i really didn't get high, so maybe i shouldn't be talking. but it's not as terrible as people make it out to be.
    peace & love.

14. MagicMedicine

MagicMedicine Sailor Scent

I think the alcohol industry should use weed to their advantage. Like those "Bacardi and Cola" commercials.

"Bacardi and Weed, getting it done right!"

15. Skoozy

Skoozy Member

I've heard a lot of people say they didn't get high
    the first time.. I can't remember if I did or not since that was almost 30 yrs ago ;)..

16. Skoozy

Skoozy Member

yeah, Cuervo could use that line from the Steely Dan song.. "The Curevo Gold, the fine Columbian make tonight a wonderful thing........."

17. deadsilence020

deadsilence020 Member

I think you guys dont realize... people smoke weed BECAUSE it IS less intoxicating... people wanna chill the fuck out, not be super hyped on acid n shit.... weed serves its purpose... as well do other drugs, its a different effect. And I like it cuz i can normally do shit WHILE im high... people like it for different reasons

18. wildfire

wildfire Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

in the virgin islands where i live the drinking age is 18. but they don't ask for id half the time so we start go to bars when we are about 13. i developed early so i've been able to get booze since i was 11. i personally like the marijuana high better than being drunk. and you know mushrooms and acid are good but weed is just the main stapple for mind altering drugs. your liver would give out if you were on acid 24/7 but you can do that with weed and still be good. mellow

19. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

*double take* you developed early at 11? even at the laxest places, 25 year old women are asked for ID... i dont believe ive ever known a girl to go and buy the booze unless they had a fake ID.

i guess you are pretty lucky eh?

though.. 11... and booze... meh

20. wildfire

wildfire Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

thats how it is here. like even my little sister and her friends who are 13 go and buy cigarettes and beer and some of them are obviously not 18 but they don't care. and i swear this is ture one of my friends when he was about 12 was at like a beach bar and ordered a virgin pina colada and the bartenders like how old are you? 12. oh you can a little rum in it. livin it up in the islands! peace