Man VS. Wild anyone??

Discussion in 'TV Documentaries' started by littleghost, Jun 23, 2007.

1. littleghost

littleghost Member

the man is crazy. but i cannot get enough. anyone else have that problem?

2. Ehoney29

Ehoney29 Member

I prefer Survivorman. He's way more legit than Bear.

3. floydianslip6

floydianslip6 Senior Member

Yeah I really loved bear until I saw some stuff that suggested some of the things are staged. I know bear has the training and ability (he has set some CRAZY world records) but a lot of stuff is hyped for the show.

We'll see how the second season goes...

4. littleghost

littleghost Member

survivorman is good too. i like it all

5. hamstervision

hamstervision Member

I love both of those shows. They got me a lot more interested in wilderness survival. It's a toss-up between Bear and Les, though. On one hand, Bear was in the French Foreign Legion and, as stated earlier, has set some crazy world records. On the other hand, Les doesn't have a camera crew with him and goes alone, so he has to lug all of his equipment with him. (That's like 50 pounds extra or more.) I love those shows.

6. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

This is one of the BEST shows on TV :) If I had to live on a desert island for the rest of my life I'd bring all the episodes of this just because they're entertaining and they teach you some cool shit :)

7. mudkipz

mudkipz Member

I haven't seen survivorman, but I've watched some episodes of Man vs. Wild. He was doing all these weird stuff (like cracking open an egg and after drinking the contents, he ate the egg shell). Although if I'm planning to go on a backpacking trip in a place far from civilization, I'd make sure I watch all his show's episodes before I go ^_^

8. SpreadneckGA

SpreadneckGA Member

I am more of a fan of Suvivorman. I like Bear but i could tell some things wers staged and he has his "crew" to help him. A very cool concept for a show and i have seen most of the episodes of Bear but i have all Suvivorman on my DVR.

And Les came and did an episode in GA so that gives him a leg up to my bias self.

9. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

I loathe Bear with a passion, he ate a dead Zebra...that was just a little out there to me...

Survivorman is better, he uses plants and such as resources for food instead of eating decaying animals off the ground. Bear seems to do more things for shock value, like how he drank the liquid out of some animals poop, drank the liquid out of dead rotting camel's stomach...
    Les is more realistic...

10. dead_head_0000

dead_head_0000 Member

Survivorman almost never survives....He almost always quits, bear has real skills and can accually survive, les (survivorman) can sometimes, most of the time the only place he survives is Canada where he comes from.

Also in the wild you need to do disgusting things to survive like eat dead zebras.....he also uses many plants for food. Bear is definitly better in my opinion.

11. littleghost

littleghost Member

i actually did some research on bear from man vs wild and ive came to believe that a lot of it was fake. bummer.

12. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

I understand that you need to do some pretty disgusting and horrid things to survive sometimes, I understand that. I just don't like Bear at all (this is just me and my opinion) he always chooses to do the "last resort" type of stuff first, it just seems so fake to me. But that's just me, I like Les better because he seems more realistic and he's more calm and collected...

13. SpreadneckGA

SpreadneckGA Member

Bear is like a Hollywood blockbuster and Les is like an indie film.

14. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

This statement is pure genius...

15. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I like both shows, but I also like Mark & Olly on The Travel Channel which is somewhat similiar.

Mark Anstice and Olly Steeds travel to the remote corners of the world and live with natives as fellow tribesmen [​IMG]

Civilized Man vs Wild Man if you will :H

Hotwater

16. KJohns24029

KJohns24029 Member

This show freaked me out when I used to do a lot of DXM. I would watch it every night. He is more of a fake then Les though that's for sure.

17. ameliorateLJ

ameliorateLJ Member

Fake or not- I love Man vs Wild. It breaks my heart every time I see Bear's wedding ring :( Haha!

18. SpreadneckGA

SpreadneckGA Member

I have never seen a picture of Mrs Bear

19. greenvibrance

greenvibrance Member

Everytime i see some road kill...I think to myself....Survivorman ought to get in on that!

20. TokerMama07

TokerMama07 Member