Love Actually...

Discussion in 'Romance Movies' started by White Scorpion, Nov 26, 2005.

1. flowerchild23-91

flowerchild23-91 Member

i love this movie sooooo much it is one of my favourites

2. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

You got to love Alan Rickman and Bill Nighy.

3. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

I love this movie sooooooo much! There are two times in that movie when I always cry, ALWAYS! Firstly when the guy is in love with his best friends wife and she watches the wedding video and realises, secondly when Colin Firth travels to Portugal to ask the chick to marry him and they have both learnt each others languages 'just in cases'! Oh my god I ALWAYS choke up at that bit! Plus it's got sexy Alan Rickman in it... how can it not be good?? :p

4. amber

amber Member

i must admit i love this movie too... My boyfriend absolutely deplores anything with hugh grant (or hugh "gay" as he calls him...)in it so he won't even sit and watch it with me... but yeah I bought it. It makes me cry and feel all cheesily happy at the same time...nothin' wrong with that... oh and the bits between firth and the portugese chick are my favorite.. also i love rowan atkinson's lil' appearances in the movie...

5. deerpark89

deerpark89 Member

yeah, even as a guy i enjoy this one. its really funny and pretty cute at times

6. Patience

Patience Member

I dont know this movie

7. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Love Actually is a 2003 British romantic comedy film written and directed by Richard Curtis. The screenplay delves into the personal lives of a wide variety of individuals, many of whom are linked as their stories progress. The ensemble cast is composed of predominantly English actors.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Actually

[​IMG]

I hope that helps.

8. Magic Blue Hair

Magic Blue Hair Member

sorry but in my opinion it's very stupid movie, I don't like it.

9. azaleah

azaleah Member

This movie made me giggle. Its really clever. And of course, Hugh Grant... dayyyummm.

10. Shale

Shale ~

Well, I will now bump this very old thread because I just picked up the DVD in the $4 bin at Blockbuster. I like rom-coms and this one boasted "The Ultimate Romantic Comedy." That may be more that the label hype.

I also got it because of the ensemble cast - Hugh Grant, Liam Neesom, Bill Nighy, Colin Firth, Emma Thompson, Alan Rickman, Keira Knightly, Billy Bob Thornton. Looks like every British actor was in this flick - including Edward Hardwicke (Watson). So, picked it up and really, really enjoyed it.

Yeah, fault it for some contrivances, but all rom coms have that. And all the story lines did not end happily ever after; there were a couple that went off single, still searching.

Also I enjoyed the R rating which is unusual in the Hollywood rom coms but let us see nudity and other adult themes missing in so many of these movies.

It was a thoroly enjoyable movie - I'll likely be seeing it again.

11. surreal_charm

surreal_charm Member

i didn't like this movie very much. when it comes to romantic movies, i would be far more engrossed in 'Before Sunrise' or 'Only You'(the Robert Downey Jr. and Marisa Tomei flick) or 'P.S I Love you', or 'Pretty Woman'. but not Love Actually. although my husband loves it like anything.

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I like the Colin whatshisname and the portuguese maid story, but the rest is a bit annoying

13. hipreplacement

hipreplacement Banned

I hated this movie. Some storylines were better than others, but overall I found it far too sentimental, unrealistic and annoying.

14. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

"postalgold", really? trying way too hard to be current

Anyways, super-mega-ultra-happy ending completely ruined it.

The story with the old rockstar and the cheating husband were really great; and the Colin Firth--Portuguese one was good (and cute). Other stories were just lame.

15. ClockworkPurple

ClockworkPurple Member

I liked the entire movie. The plump chick that Hugh Grant fell for was adorable.

16. surreal_charm

surreal_charm Member

i didn't like this movie at all. it seemed too absurd to me at some places.. at other places it seemed too 'sugary'. sorry i can't take that much sugar.

17. surreal_charm

surreal_charm Member

i agree.

18. surreal_charm

surreal_charm Member

sorry i am posting in this forum again. i really forgot that i had posted here earlier. my apologies to moderators.

19. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I really liked this movie. Nice chick flick to watch around Christmastime.

20. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Member

I actually liked it.
    Generally, the whole romantic type film is something I'm not into, but I did enjoy this one.

Especially the bit with Colin Firth and the Portuguese girl/maid, given that I am Portuguese.