losing the weight!!!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Crystalsatreehugger, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Crystalsatreehugger

Crystalsatreehugger Member

I started working out at the gym almost everyday about 2 months ago. I think I started at 150 (I'm 5'8 or 5'9, and was to ashamed to measure myself at first) and now I'm 137!!!!! No quite ready for a bikini yet but I definitely look and feel much better!!!

Any success stories here? I've had a pouch since I was 16, and in another month I'll finally be without it with a grown female body for the first time!!! So I'm not exactly sure how I'll look... I think curvy... like I could butt Jennifer Lopez off a catwalk... or maybe thats an exaggeration :)

Who here is proud of what they've done and want to tell it!!!

2. xtrmdrummer1

xtrmdrummer1 Member

Way to go! I have always fluctuated between a pretty regular weight depending on the time of the year. Pretty soon im going to start a "stack" and try to gain some more muscle, then of course do a leaning cycle after that just in time for summer. I think my biggest weight loss was 19lbs over 60 days, with just some basic cardio, a solid diet, and a some supplements (thermogenic weight loss supp, multi vitamins etc). If you stick to a regiment, you will see results. Its those days you cheat and then justifying the next cheat with the previous one that will screw up your results!

3. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Great job there.

I've been lucky enough to never had to wage the battle of the bulge. I'm a weightlifter and maintain a high calorie diet of mainly simple foods. I have a great amount of admiration for people willing to put the time and effort into getting and keeping themselves in shape. Doing so reflects a great deal of self respect. There is at least one person that I know of who has begun a regular exercise program because of my influence. It's quite satisfying to know I can have a positive impact on another person's life.

4. dietcoketree

dietcoketree Member

CONGRADULATIONS. Hold on to that enthusiasm... some people are dying for it!

5. Mockingbird85

Mockingbird85 Guest

The best thing i ever did to lose weight was cut out sugar. And that includes sugar free fizzy drinks too.

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

^^^This.

7. david millar

david millar Guest

Tips for Lose weight

1.Avoid eating/drinking any caffeine past 4:30 in the afternoon. This will make it so by the time you go to bed you are tired enough to go to sleep.

2.Sleep at least 7-8 hours a night. This will boost your metabolism.

3.Avoid chocolate, cake, brownies, potato chips, ice cream, fizzy drinks or any junk food.
    4.Avoid sodas or juices that contain a lot of sugar. Instead try 100% fruit juice, tea, or water.

5.Maintain a steady intake of protein, aiming for a minimum of 'your body weight in pounds' (in grams) of protein. If you would like to build a bit of muscle, double that, and begin some weight training. This will supercharge your metabolism and greatly increase your body's fat-burning ability.

8. andymark25415

andymark25415 Banned

Eating healthy diet and daily base exercise keep us healthy and fit.

9. Milla35

Milla35 Members

It is very important for me! Previously, I was completely unhappy with my body. it was embarrassing to wear a swimsuit, and the situation only worsened. Then I decided to change. I started to lead a healthy lifestyle! Do not diet! Proper nutrition. These are different things. I also underwent hormonal therapy. The fact is that in my body I discovered a lack of a hormone HGH. Has handed over analyzes, has passed or has taken place a course. And wow! Now I'm happy with my body! I think that proper nutrition and therapy helped me get my form back. You can learn more about this Are People Using HGH Injections Therapy to Lose Weight?

10. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I weighed about 140 until recently and assumed that it was my metabolic weight. Since retirement, I have increased to nearly 200 and realized that probably my active lifestyle was a contributory factor throughout my working life.
    I have started taking regular walks and never using elevators (which I only started using as my weight was creeping up and causing me to feel lazy). Although it is only dropping my weight slowly, I am starting to feel more healthy every day.
    I think that weight gain is a catch 22 situation, where as you get heavier, you tend to become less active and start waiting for the bus on shorter journeys. People working sitting at a desk all day, no doubt have to worry more than working at a job that keeps them on their feet for more time.
    Although I have never visited a gym in my entire life, I am now in another catch 22, where when it may be of help, I would be too embarrassed to walk through the door for fear that the receptionist may offer me her seat. LMAO.

11. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

Well done!! I’ve never been overweight... but do fluctuate. I tend to put on a half a stone, then run and lose it. But I’m pretty average so can’t teally notice. Basically just curbing my enthusiasm from time to time :)

I don’t eat particularly bad, but sometimes may eat too much. I find it quite hard to put the weight on, takes a while do I suspect it is my lack of sweet tooth that helps

Don’t really like chocolate n sweets that much.

12. YogaBird

YogaBird Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ

I started off weighing 236lbs in March of 2017 and now it's April 2018 and I weigh 188lbs. I have been plateaued in the 180s for months now, but a number on the scale isn't always the best way to track your progress. I really need to get my food in check (that's my downfall).

And to anyone who may be struggling because of the number on the scale, try not stepping on the scale for a week or 2 or even a month and see if that gives you more confidence. Keep up the great work everyone :)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    morrow and Pete's Draggin' like this.
  13. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I weighed around 210 at Easter Time (April 1, 2018). Today I think it's closer to 204 which means I lost six pounds in 20 days. I could go faster but my doctor advised against it. My current goal is to reach 190. According to myfitnesspal.com, I will weigh 192.5 lbs in 5 weeks if I keep on track with my diet and exercise the way it has been going for the last 20 days. Here goes nothing! :)

14. YogaBird

YogaBird Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ

That is a GREAT loss, I read that a pound a week is healthy and sustainable. Keep up the great work :)

soulcompromise likes this.
  15. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

all things in moderation
    one step at a time scenario for sure
    there is simply way too much fat in most diets
    exercise and a balanced healthy diet will do wonders