Looking For Work On A Veganic Farm

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by robertsplant, Aug 21, 2015.

1. robertsplant

robertsplant Guest

I'm looking for work on a veganic farm, or at least an internship. For those who don't know what veganic means, it's basically organic but with no animal fertilizers, products or biproducts involved.

If this isn't the right forum could someone please point me in the right direction?

If anyone has any information they could send my way I would very much appreciate the help.

2. Blu3sLady

Blu3sLady Members

So, no animal poo in the compost? Worm poo only? That's a shame. I shovel poo all the time. Chicken, horse and sometimes fish effluent (poo). We've been talking about internships for organic farming, too, as maybe something we'll try in the spring.

Ah well. I'm sure someone here will have an idea for you. Have you tried the Intentional Communities page? FIC. Fellowship for Intentional Community. I can't get the link to post here but that should help you along. And perhaps look on here under permaculture or one of the other gardening topics.

And you can always post an ad in the Personals section, too

Best of luck to ya, Sugar!

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

What's wrong with animal waste fertilizing?
    It's not animal cruelty at all, they have to toilet too. :unsure:

1 person likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

This whole "we have to look after the animals" is just getting out of hand tbh. How's it animal cruelty to make good use from their discards? Like you said it's how everything has grown on this ball for years. It's a natural recycling process.

Next there'll be dickheads out there scouring the country side for animal carcass' with claims that "they upset the other animals".

5. robertsplant

robertsplant Guest

Woah guys didn't mean to spark a debate. First of all there's a difference between vegan and veganic, vegans don't only eat veganic food. And it's not that I have a problem with fertilizer, I would just like to gain experience on a veganic farm.

Personally if I had my own farm and my own animals I'd sure as shit put their shit to use, I just don't know if I'd feel comfortable buying someone else's manure and trusting they took care of their animals to my personal standards.

My desire to learn this technique is more out of curiosity and a desire for experience/education in veganic farming than it is an "oh no don't take there poop!" cry lol.

1 person likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

:D

Well, that explains everything. :D

7. Blu3sLady

Blu3sLady Members

Ahh.. okay Robert. That makes more sense. And yes, I only use manure from the animals I raise. I know exactly what they've been eating and they haven't been given any hormones or antibiotics.

I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.