Looking for alternative living. (hippie commune)

Discussion in 'Help Wanted' started by firedragon, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Changalang

Changalang Member

Hahaha, no problem, cant blame the individual. The whole war on drugs is ridiculous.:afro:

2. theberries4earth

theberries4earth Guest

Hello all I'm new here. My husband and I are interested in this type of living too. Good to find others like us. We're in Florida but want to go west. Good luck. I'm going to check out some of the sites other people told you about. Wasn't sure if everyone here is Canadian. Love the Country & the people are nice but too cold for me. Well best wishes
    The Berries

3. PiscesCub

PiscesCub Member

We have 160 acres in southern Alberta, free and clear, and could easily get another 160 acre parcel a mile down the road. We have a good producing deep well, and a shallow well that is used for outdoor stuff in the summer. I am hoping to put in some trees, as we have very few here right now. The other piece has had a fruit orchard on it, though most of them have died out due to lack of care. It also has a large pond behind a dam, with an artesian well and several different springs that are wet year round.
    Shopping is 15 min away, for your minor things, and anything larger is 45+ minutes away. Major centres are 1.5 hours drive.
    It is very quiet and peaceful, with onlly a handful of neighbours around. We are also located near a large Medicine Wheel, for those who are looking for that sort of thing.

4. Mizz Djinn

Mizz Djinn Guest

If there's folks checking this thread out, check out thefec.org
    The Federation of Egalitarian Communities is a coalition of about 6 communities across the US (Twin Oaks, Aacorn, East Wind, Sandhill Farm, Dancing Rabbit
    (skyhouse) and The Emma Goldman Finishing School) that all adhere to certain guidelines and have certain cooperative expectations.
    I spet the better part of two years at East Wind (eastwind.org) and it's something everyone should see.

5. cHr!s

cHr!s Guest

PiscesCub, if you're looking for some hands around the property, we should talk. I'm not that far away, eager to help/learn and need to get the heck out of dodge before my head explodes from the depressive, unrewarding city life.

6. PiscesCub

PiscesCub Member

Hey man, I'd definitely be interested in talking. I'd have responded sooner, but it has been crazy the past couple of months. If you want, tell me a little more about yourself. You can email me, dlk at 2 d s dot c a.

7. Sonokar

Sonokar Guest

Hi,
    I'm an engineer and homebuilder from California. I also have a degree in Computer Science (Cal Poly, SLO, '87).

My wife is a highly skilled trauma nurse (UW Medical, Seattle).

Currently, we live in Seattle. We're looking for an opportunity to live off-grid.

I'm not sure how to contact you privately.
    Thanks,

8. Herthum

Herthum Guest

Hey man if you see this, my email is Herthum420@gmail.com, I cant send you a message, being i am a guest, but I would definately be interested in joining a new community. If your'e still starting the community or thinking about it, please shoot me an email and we can take it from there.

9. dreadzyahhmann22

dreadzyahhmann22 Member

if i lived in canada i would join for sure

10. humdinger984

humdinger984 Guest

Hello brothers and sisters.

I'm looking for a community in B.C. Canada, preferably on the island where I can live and work with a group of like minded people providing for ourselves and our community.

I'm not a vegetarian, and I do believe in eating meat so if that bothers you then i might not be a good fit. I do believe in killing your own and would preffer fish and eggs etc... to killing a mammal.

I'm Male, 31 about 200 pounds, in decent shape and a hard worker. Just interested in working for myself, and cutting out that corporate middleman.

No guns is a must. as there are many ways to deter large animals and such without them. After all if you are killed by a bear or something, you probably deserved it as they usually avoid people.

humdinger984@gmail.com

11. humdinger984

humdinger984 Guest

Hey, I am 31 M living in Toronto eager to get out of this crazy overwhelming city... I need something slower paced where I can live and work off grid. I would like to learn more about your location and activities. please contact me asap. humdinger984@gmail.com

12. John Kennedy

John Kennedy Member

Hey Buddy I' an old guy that is heading for a commune in N. CA They ask for 3 hours work a day and $150.00 a month. Good luck. Old John.

13. muskwua1234

muskwua1234 Guest

Helo there me and my fiance have come to vancouver island to start our own self sufficient life style. We are looking for like minded ppl or even a comminity to be a part of.

14. S&L

S&L Member

hi muskwua,
    how are you making out?
    let us connect.
    S&L

15. tadba

tadba Guest

Pleas message me about comunal living. I am a do it your sellf man, with some co struction skills, I am lookibg for a happy open community that would allow chickens and earth bag homes communal farmi g and trading. Thank you

16. yugogypsy

yugogypsy Member

I have a mini farm, not fancy by any means, rather messy at the moment--on the tip of Vancouver Island B.C. Canada

I'm not on the forums very often so please email me at lluckovich@shaw.ca or yugogypsy1963@gmail.com

I'm looking for two people with gardening skills and any other skills. My partner has been diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia and he tires easy now, but persists in helping our older friends (form age 75 to age 92) with their gardens and firewood

I'm looking for people who will help, so far, everyone I've had here was more concerned with their own business and forgot the group. Then we've had a drinker-who told me I was running a dictatorship--which I'm not, but when someone half my age tries to tell me how to live, I get a bit tetchy and the person in question gets shown the door.

So I'm not the easiest person to deal with.

I love to teach people about what we we're doing, but I don't want "disciples"

Just people who will park their egos at the gate and enjoy living here. Yeah some of it is RV living and all the laundry and bathing etc facilities are in the house, but its a roof over your head, a meal if you're hungry, and a pretty cool place to hang out in good weather.

Got a sailboat with a rusty keel if anyone out there knows how to fix that--nothing like fresh caught fish up here.

EVERYONE--if you're coming across the border you are coming to visit a friend--unless you want to bother getting a work visa.

This place ain't paying for itself yet and you may want to get some cash work somewhere

So folks--lets try again. Because with my partner sick, I really need help

Thanks
    Lois

17. yugogypsy

yugogypsy Member

Look at my ad above your original post muskwa

18. felonious_monk

felonious_monk Members

Google Poole's land Tofino. Your soul thanks me all ready. Bear in mind it rains a lot in Tofino in the off season.

19. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

It rains a lot in Tofino PERIOD. But it is paradise.

And to Lois, I hope you are thriving!

20. In Lak'ech

In Lak'ech Members

Looking as well